lots and lots of emotions

iVillage Member
lots and lots of emotions
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 8:34pm

First off, yeah, I'm finally able to get back on the board.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 11:46am

Hey Trisch!

Oh my, your day is almost here! And yeah, your emotions will be all over the place. I hope you don't let your mom's nervousness bother you; typical mother....always worrying. I had some of the men in my life and older ladies, have negative feelings about me doing it. They thought it was a total vanity issue and it being elective, well, that was just silly. I did not even try to justify my feelings on making my whole life better with it. They saw what it did for me afterwards.
I had my wrapping on til the next day and the drains in. But I went back to the PS and he took it off and the drains out. I would ask if you can come back for them to do it. The drains coming out was not fun and I would think at least a nurse should do that. I was then able to take a shower, which was a little scary, but if you are just patient and take your time... My hubby helped a bit, which was good.
And yes, it isn't the prettiest site for a while, but before you know it, the healing will start and the scars will soften and fade. My best friend went with me the day after, as my hubby had to work and she can be very squeamish about things. She said they actually looked good and had a very encouraging smile as he took the wrap off.
The pain... I really can't say I actually had bad pain. I was definitly uncomfortable the first few days. Took Percocet the first couple of days and then got tired of how that made me feel so switched to Tylenol and that worked to take that little edge off. When the drains came out, that hurt and that area was sore for a bit. But my incisions got itchy and uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, but as soon as the PS said I could rub lotion, that helped a lot.
I can understand how the whole nipple placement thing can seem high. After all, at least for me, mine faced downwards for so many years. But once the swelling goes down and the breasts take their shape, the nipples are in the perfect position to match your now, perky boobs!!
The drainage leakage, only lasted a couple days for me. I mean there was some around the incisions for a while, but I would just put some non stick gauze in those areas, also wore a lite weight cotton mans tank t shirt under my bra and that really helped with any little spots and was SO comfortable. Also kept the ugly bra clean, since I was planning on getting new, pretty ones as soon as I was healed!!
It is kind of a bummer your surgery is so late in the day, as far as eating or drinking, but that time will go fast and it will certainly help with getting sick if your tummy is really empty!!

Stay in touch. The boards will be 'read only'late on October 1st and not sure when they will restart up; I know by the 5th they should be all new and good. So we can read messages, just not post any at that time..

Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 3:08pm

Oh gosh, it's creeping up quickly!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 11:06pm

Thank you ladies.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 1:36pm

Trish,

I can't believe your big day is almost here!! I am so excited for you and your new 'start' at a more normal life. You will be so amazed at how so many things that you do have been affected by your big chest. You will certainly feel like a new girl, no more pains, aches, stares, etc. And the new clothes you can wear and the pretty bras....ah it is all good.
I wish you the easiest recovery and I hope the PS does take the drains out and the wrappings off for you. I would think that he would want to see how you are doing and check out his handiwork!!!
Remember to get lots of rest and don't over do it the first couple weeks, no matter how good you start to feel. Like Jackie said, she was so sore from trying on clothes. Don't worry, we all did it, can't wait to see the change, but just be careful.
The message boards here will be read only for a few days, so I wanted to make sure and get this to you before, in case I didn't get a chance closer.
Will be keeping you in my thoughts ~ Let us know how you made out when you feel up to it!!!

Nancy :))

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear tries to call me, they will keep getting a busy
signal - and soon they’ll forget my number.