Adiana - Permanent BC

iVillage Member
Adiana - Permanent BC
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 9:35am

I have only been to this board a couple times, but so much is going on with me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 9:03pm

I have to say that I wouldn't personally use an option that has only been out since July 2009 for a permanent option. I want something that already has at least a couple years behind it showing that women aren't getting pregnant.

You might look into the Essure procedure, it's also done in the office and been out since 2003 which is long enough to show me that women aren't getting pregnant with it. Essure is two small coils placed into your fallopian tubes in the office.

I'll keep my Mirena IUD and have the hubby get snipped since we know for sure 10000% we're done with one child :D

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:26am

You are so right on about the procedure being new.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:10pm

We decided on just one child and then tack on that my DH has Multiple Sclerosis and takes some meds that can cause birth defects we decided that the Mirena was the best option for us for right after our son was born. We didn't want to make a permanent decision RIGHT THEN, but now almost 4 years after that we're really sure we're done. I keep telling him that HE will get snipped and I'll just keep the Mirena because the lack of periods is so nice.

I have to admit I get annoyed when guys won't step up and do a REALLY simple procedure because they get weirded out by it. Uhhh and we do all the baby growing and giving birth and stretching out of our bodies. Why should we have unnecessary surgery for a tubal or have to choose something that's really new on the market when we KNOW that vasectomies are VERY safe and VERY effective.

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 9:12pm

Hi there...

Essure is essentially the same sort of idea that you mentioned in your original post.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:01am

Wow, they are very similar procedures.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:26am

guys won't step up and do a REALLY simple procedure because they get weirded out by it. Uhhh and we do all the baby growing and giving birth and stretching out of our bodies.

AMEN!

Why should we have unnecessary surgery for a tubal or have to choose something that's really new on the market when we KNOW that vasectomies are VERY safe and VERY effective.

Good point.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:41am

Well good luck.

It's not really surgery for him. He'd be awake and most cases you can be there with him too. They numb him up and it takes just a few min to do. Then he goes home with a bag of frozen peas and in 2ish days he's back to normal with no ill effects. Then after so much time or emissions he goes back to have it checked to be sure there are no lingering sperm and you're home free. It's a VERY easy procedure, VERY effective and relatively easy.

Photobucket

Britax

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 2:13pm

Mood and libido weren't affected.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member