Sympathy card

iVillage Member
Sympathy card
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 10:18am

I posted in another thread that BF's exW passed away this weekend.

iVillage Member
In reply to: allismom8
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:34pm

Personally I would give him a card. A simple one is fine just to let him know that you are acknowledging his loss and the pain it has caused. She may have been his ExW but they still had a chapter of their lives together and have their son. The chapter is now finished but it doesn't mean it was never written.

I think it would be a loving thought just to say you are there for him if he wants a shoulder to lean on. Perhaps just leave it in his home for him. I think also maybe you could leave a meal ready for him to just heat up as well on the day they return as they are bound to feel very tired and emotional . You could say they are welcome to eat it with you but it would prevent them from feeling under pressure to act social if they would rather just deal with the first night back alone. I am sure whatever you do will be perfect because you sound very sensitive to their needs.

Promise

siggy by hubbswifey...Katie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 3:14pm

Hi Promise,

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 12:39pm

Hi,
it sounds like a good idea, that you leave him meals and groceries for a few days. It will take so much pressure of him and I am sure he will appreciate it.

That was a nice gesture, getting his car done and all.

Promise

siggy by hubbswifey...Katie