Weird luck with fibroids

iVillage Member
Weird luck with fibroids
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:48am
Hello My name is Alicia. Iam 30 soon to be 31. I went to my gynecologist due to severe bleeding and heavy long periods. Anyways she found a fibroid during the pap. She ordered a pelvic sono which they saw nothing.So I was rechecked she still saw the fibroid tried to freeze it out...anyways that just hurt alot but 2 days later I began passing 15 of them. This dr has discussed ablation with me but I don't know what to do hysterectomy or ablation. Any ideas?
Thanks
Alicia.

Edited 9/18/2010 2:13 am ET by futuremrsfellers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:13pm

Hi Alicia.

Do not even consider the hysterectomy just yet.

If this is a case of just one fibroid, you may want to consider simply the removal of the fibroid.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 2:15pm

I had a myomectomy almost three years ago to remove my fibroids. It took care of the heavy bleeding.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 3:38pm
I have 3 kids im not suppose to have anymore due to my pre eclampsia that i had having my last son which nearly killed us both. I went in to liver and kidneys shutting down i was completely sick and having seizures during the labor. i passed the fibroids which hurt alot and on the birth control pills they put me on even though my tubes have been tied all its done is shorten the heavy flow. I have break through bleeding bad headaches and that time of month im miserable usually easily found in a tub of hot water lol.I don't know alot about fibroids or ablation and all week long I havent had any luck getting in touch with my dr to be re checked.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 11:18pm

Hi Alicia.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 10:29am
I'm thinking that the fibroids could be removed via D&C at the same time as the ablation.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 11:31am

Yes I havent been able to get a hold of my dr all week she has mentioned ablation and hysterectomy and said that fibroids often come back and so on. I have no clue I do know I have family history of women in my family having female issues mostly genetic. I'm greatful for advice I'm greatful to be done having kids. But I'm nervous about fibroids and what steps to take because it effects my life and my wedding that will happen next year lol. I looked on sites about fibroids but none seem to answer the questions I find myself laying awake and asking myself.
1)Do they go away and come back?
2) if I have an ablation will it cure the fibroid issue?
3) If I have the ablation will it help my endometresosis?
4) If I have the ablation will it help my harmonal headaches?

I have searched high and low for these answers I really have asked my dr that when she found the fibroids but she didn't answer me at all.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 1:10pm

It wouldn't necessarily "cure" the fibroid issue.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 6:11pm
thank you i will definitely talk to my dr and possibly switch gyns because this one i cant seem to ever get a hold of when i need to :) hopefully i will find one who is out for the best interest of this issue and will answer all the questions i have and fix this with out a hysterectomy.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 7:43pm

There is a message board assoicated with the National Uternine Fibroid group, you can join it on the front page of the website nuff.org.