Iud and random periods, am I preg?

iVillage Member
Iud and random periods, am I preg?
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 2:38am

So I'm hoping that I put this in the right section, I havent been on ivillage for a while!

I have an IUD, I have had it ever since I had my daughter (4 years). Lately I have been experiencing weird symptoms like cramping in my back and pelvis, gas, I'm tired and feel like crap basically all of the time. And to top it off, I had my period at the start of August, ending on the 5th or so, and then August 24 for a couple of days (normal flow) and then again over the last few days (sept 16- still going)

I tested myself 2 days ago and ended up with one positive digital test and three negative digital preg tests. I have scoured the internet and have mixed results regarding what this means. I have an appointment on the 22nd with my OBGYN, but does anyone know what is going on with me? I'm getting the IUD out that day as well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 10:13am

Welcome to the board!

A few things to come mind.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 8:54pm

I will definately let you guys know, my appointment is at 10 tomorrow morning. I actually made the appointment last week to just remove my IUD as I was feeling terrible and wanted to try taking it out to see if there was a noticiable difference.

She doesn't know that I had a positive test, but I'm going to try to get her to do a blood test because I know that there is something totally off with me. Hopefully, it itsn't anything serious, I am totally freaked about the thought of an ectopic pregnancy or cysts, or cancer of my cervix. The worst thing about this, is now that I had that positive result I wouldnt even mind being pregnant. But it doesn't really seem like a possibility at all now, especially because of the cramping and bleeding I've been having. :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 12:19am

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope you get some answers tomorrow!

Kristin

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 4:40pm
How did your appointment go?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 9:06pm

I went to see her and she sent me for bloodtests. So now I get to wait 48 hours for a result! She isn't ruling out pregnancy, but couldnt give me answers for what the problem might be. I did get my IUD removed so hopefully some of my symptoms will go away. Yesterday I basically slept all day, still feeling ill. Crossing my fingers~ Will update!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:42pm

Thanks for the update.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 12:07am

So no results back from my doc, so I guess everything is negative? It's been almost a week since I removed my IUD, and I gotta say, majority of my symptoms are going away! I'm feeling much better, and hopefully it stays that way. I guess that the IUD just wasn't right for my body.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 12:36am
Thanks for the update.

Photobucket