Bruised/swollen paninful genital area

iVillage Member
Bruised/swollen paninful genital area
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 10:09pm
hi
has anyone experienced a bruised, painful labia? I've had this problem for awhile now and it's not getting much better. There's also some pain somewhere else I haven't quite identified and this week it started hurting when I bent over or squatted down to pick something up. I'm not sexually active so it's not an STD. I don't have a doctor or health insurance. I'm thinking about calling a local free clinic but who knows when I'll be able to see someone. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? If so, what did you do to alleviate the pain?
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 1:36am

Could you possibly be speaking of a Bartholin Gland that is raised...They can be terrible...Have you tried soaking in hot water to see if it eases the pain...Is it swollen out like a grape or more normal?....Is this is what you speak about they can get more sore before they get better...Take care...

Community Leader
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 4:10pm

Hello!

Call a local clinic and see if you can get in.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-05-2010 - 9:39pm
anonwasawoman wrote:
hi
has anyone experienced a bruised, painful labia? I've had this problem for awhile now and it's not getting much better. There's also some pain somewhere else I haven't quite identified and this week it started hurting when I bent over or squatted down to pick something up. I'm not sexually active so it's not an STD. I don't have a doctor or health insurance. I'm thinking about calling a local free clinic but who knows when I'll be able to see someone. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? If so, what did you do to alleviate the pain?

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with this sort of thing.