Here we go again

iVillage Member
Here we go again
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 3:05am
I once again cannot sleep.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 1:57pm
Hi! I am sorry to hear that you're still suffering from lack of sleep): More than likely it's the intrusive thought that's @ the bottom of this. In the past, I carried around a lot of guilt when it came to my illness. My thoughts would tell me I had committed an awful sin & God was punishing me w/the illness. I spent hours dwelling on my transgressions, as well as *what if I did something wrong & can't even remember it?* OMG! That is the absolute worst feeling):
You are using all the right techniques. I have found that accepting the thought is better than fighting it. You don't have to believe in the validity of the thought, as it probably has no basis. Simply tell yourself that there's nothing you can do about the thought & give it the *oh, well, I cannot change this* attitude. Find distractions. Keep your thoughts in the present & make them positive. I took a course once on self esteem. We were taught that it took 11 good thoughts to overcome one negative. That seems about right to me;) In time, it will become easier to dismiss these thoughts & move forward. For now, you are doing the best that you can. Remind yourself of that. Give yourself a big pat on the back for any time spent on non-productive thinking. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 2:29pm
Thank you, Jan.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 7:27pm

Crazygirl,

I read your post Friday, but I wasnt' in a very good place, so I felt in no way able to offer any support or advice.

The next rock in your path might be a stepping stone

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 9:29pm
Thank you so much, Dee, for your post and for your prayers.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 11:09am
Crazygirl and I have experienced very similar ups and downs this week. I think we even started our meds the same day :)! Just wanted to thank you all for all the encouraging words in this thread. I have never felt close to God unfortunately. My family was not a "church" family at all growing up. I have recently told my husband (his was a chuch going family) that we HAVE TO start attending a church. We need to pick one and GO. I have to feel/find Him because I think that will help me so much. I need to be comforted and feel a sense of OK. Make sense? My OCD and anxiety tend to center around death, so maybe I can find some peace. My meds are helping more and more each day, but they are not the answer for ever. Again, thank you all sooo much, this board really does help!

Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 2:36pm
Yes, we did start back on meds the same day.