sort of anxious like sort of pregnant?

iVillage Member
sort of anxious like sort of pregnant?
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 4:39pm

I've been thinking...lol,

That's the problem right?

ok so here's the thing, can you be sort of anxious?

The next rock in your path might be a stepping stone

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 9:52pm

There are many categories of anxiety disorder. There is generalized anxiety disorder, those poor people suffer the type of anxiety I think you're trying to describe. Not everyone here has generalized. I don't!

Though, I had not received treatment & eventually got to a point where I could not leave the house by myself - but I didn't even realize I had gotten to the point until one day I did & panic set in. Didn't understand what caused my panic attack until I went out again & boom ... I started having my H run all the errands.

So, if you're suffering anxiety in only parts of your life ... then NOW is the time to get yourself in, BEFORE it gets too big.

It's taken me years to get out & about again. Now I have approximately an 8-10 mile radius I travel on my own.

---

BTW, this indecisiveness, I believe is part of it. I know I do this. I'll make an appointment for something & then talk myself out of it - saying I'm really fine. Good thing I go in anyway on many of those, as there were some concerning health situations which were taken care of b/c I did follow through.

Deep down, you know it's anxiety, that is why you decided to go to this CBT thing. Trust that original thought.

(That is what I use when I drive. If I really did believe I'd get into an accident, I would have never turned the ignition key. I need to trust my original belief.)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 7:05pm

Thanks, I really like that "...trust the original belief"

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 3:52pm
We can be our own worst enemies. Second guessing is very common. In fact, what would seem abnormal for others is completely normal for anxious folks. You are normal, Dee. Everything you're experiencing is par for the anxiety ridden;)
We fear what we don't know. We fear that we will be judged. Everyone attending that group will be wearing the same shoes. They are all sitting back, as you are, worrying that they won't belong in the group. That its their B attitude & not really anxiety. Down deep they're wondering if they're really as bad as all that. Do they really need to be in a group? Can't they do this on their own? Its always half as bad when we're facing change. When we're actually experiencing the anxiety, it is a thousand times worse than anyone elses. LOL
You are very lucky to have access to this group. I hope you'll attend & give us updates so we can be *sort of like attending* the group too. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 9:31pm
This thread reminds me of a revelation I had in another area.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 11:42pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I'm better than the others that will attend, or that I'm not as bad in a superior way, it is more like...as Jan said, I'm afraid I'll be judged, and it'll be 'you don't belong here, your life isn't that bad, you should be able to deal.'

Really, life isn't bad, I should be able to deal, but I am having trouble, and I do need to go lest I end up afraid to leave my home altogether.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 7:35am

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you thought you were better than other people, and somehow when I posted my post I knew it wasn't coming out right.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 12:32pm

LOL!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 2:13pm
I don't know what to tell you guys. I gave up the greeting card detail a long time ago. Really, I can't remember how I did it, so can't offer any tried & true advice. What I am going to say probably is scary. But... it was true for me. I gave up obsessing about so many things. Now, I have come up w/a host of new obsessions. For instance, I write many letters. In this day & age of email that might sound weird. I do it anyway. I begin to write Dear John & find that I didn't write a perfect *r* in dear, so I rip it up & begin again. By the time my letter is completed, I have a full waste basket. Instead of being frustrated, making it perfect inspires me to keep on this nearly impossible task. When I am telling you guys about it, I see that I am wasting a lot of time & paper. In the end, I am happy w/me & accept that this perfect letter writing is a part of me. Will I ever move past this obsession? Maybe. However, in my years of anxiety & I recall it as far back as kindergarden, I always find something to replace my old obsession. I have to be ok w/it, as @ 58 years old, I seriously doubt that it will change. Just a share:) GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 2:50pm

Well, I just completed the homework I asked to do before CBT class next week.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 6:53pm
You will get there, Dee.

Pages