Happy Monday!

iVillage Member
Happy Monday!
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 11:40am

How did everyone's weekend go? (Cheryl - how was the garage sale?)

Mine was good - although always too short! And it finally rained yesterday! Yay! First time in 30 days!

My son's school is having open house tonight. My son doesn't want to go, but I sure am not going by myself, lol! Does anyone else on this board have teenagers? Maybe we can co-miserate together!!

Amelia

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 12:34pm

Hi Amelia

The weekend was good. Went to Las Vegas and had fun even though we didn't win this time. Always nice to get away for a few days.

No teens, my children are grown with kids of their own. However I still remember those years very well.

HUGS

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 7:08pm

Yard sale didn't go well for me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 8:58pm

Sorry about your yard sale not going well, but I guess $50 is $50, huh? My son and I went to the school this evening for open house, but when I could not find a parking space close to the school (it was raining), we both decided to go home. My son said the homeroom teacher would give him the grades to bring home tomorrow - and similar to the situation with your $50, what will be, will be.

BTW, I also have an 18 (soon to be 19) year old, who has moved out and is living with some friends. Now when she comes to visit, it is soooo pleasant! :-) What a difference living on one's own makes!

Amelia

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 11:40am
She said to me this spring....

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 11:34pm

Hi Amelia,

My weekend was good. Not too busy, had a relaxing Sunday.

I just recently went to my 12 year old Daughters open house. We had a very nice time considering. This is her first year back in public school in 3 years. I home schooled.

I also have a 17 year old Son, but he graduated this past June. How old are your teens?? Boys, girls?

Well Being (=) Equals a well heart, mind and soul.

My Google WEB BLOG

My Photo Blog

My Goog

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 8:59am

Good Morning, Mayra!

I'm glad your weekend went well! Now we are heading into another one - yay!

I have an 18, soon to be 19, year old daughter (who absolutely drove me crazy when she lived with me. She has since moved out and is living in a rented house with 2 friends and working part-time). I also have a 15 year old son, who is overall a good kid, although he has has moments. The hardest part for me is that I am a single parent and he really doesn't like to talk to me or do things with me, so it is like I am by myself all the time and sometimes it gets lonely. :-(

Amelia

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 10:02am
I know it is not at all the same, but you have 'us'.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 1:34pm

Hi Amelia,

I know the feeling. I was a single Mom for a few years. I remarried, and still feel like a single Mom sometimes...LOL

Being a Mother is hard work. We have a lot of basic responsibilities, however, we also have the burden of raising good kids, in today's society. Not an easy task.

Like Cheryl said...it's not the same, but we are here for you. I'm happy to lend you a cyber shoulder anytime you want to vent. Feel free to email me anytime :)

How's your day going today?

My Google WEB BLOG

My Photo Blog

My Goog

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 10:43pm

Thanks for being there, Mayra and Cheryl! It was very busy at work today, and my son was supposed to have a soccer game tonight. Fortunately (since I did not feel up to going), it rained and the game was cancelled. So I made a nice supper for us, then went out to get a few groceries, and ended