Announcing the cl-bunsofclay 500!

iVillage Member
Announcing the cl-bunsofclay 500!
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:37am
As you've probably read, big changes are in store for the iVillage message boards. Don't worry, though — all the conversations we've had here will remain and will be accessible through the new message board interface.

However, one thing that will change is that the "cl-" prefix used by community leaders will be disappearing. Instead of cl-bunsofclay, I will simply be bunsofclay. The fact that I volunteer as hostess of the Women's Health board will be denoted in another way.

I'm looking forward to the change. But, when the "cl-" name disappears, so will the post count associated with it. Before that happens, I would dearly love to reach 500 posts as cl-bunsofclay on this board.

With less than 50 posts to go, it won't take long, but since I don't enjoy talking to myself quite *that* much, I'd like to ask for other members to help me out a bit in reaching my 500-post goal. Ask me a question, start a conversation, whatever — just talk to me, please, so I have something to reply to.

Thanks in advance to all for helping me get there!

bunsofclay

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 3:46pm

Hello!

siggy line

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 4:18pm
Thanks for stopping by, Karen!

Whew, a toughie right off the bat! Okay, I've got something...

I used to volunteer for a local organization that helps women who have left abusive relationships make a new life for themselves. It provides transitional housing, access to a clothing bank and job training. I helped some of these women prepare to re-enter the workforce, or sometimes enter it for the first time ever. Witnessing their success has always brought me a deep feeling of satisfaction, and I guess pride that I had a small role in helping them get to where they are today, from where they were not so long ago.

bunsofclay

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 10:14pm

Hi Maureen!

What's your favorite type of music?

What would you have for a "perfect" dinner?

What was your first car?

How old were you when you got married?

If you answer each of this separately, that will give you four more.....

• It's a miracle how one soul finds another

• And it's a sad thing when one must leave the other

• But I know someday they will walk again together

• l believe, yes

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 10:15pm

Wow, that does sound rewarding.

Okay, I have another one for you.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:13am
I'm sure you'll achieve your goal!

All right, here are some questions.

What colour is your car?

Can you change a flat tire, and if so, have you ever had to do it?

Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a child?

When reading The Cat in the Hat as a little girl, did it worry you that they weren't going to get the house cleaned up before Mother got home? I mean, there's a picture where it's still a real mess, and from the window you can see Mother's legs as she gets closer to home.

How did they get it all cleaned up before she came in the door?

One to five, name the household chores in order of how happy you'd be to never have to do them again. (Yes you can have more than five, lol.)

Okay, that's it for now, have fun. I'm sure I'll think of some others soon.

Photobucket

Basking in the wonder of spring...

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:45pm
Oh Moon, thank you for your questions, and what an excellent idea to post my replies separately! I'll even go you one better: It just so happens I can think of a few different "perfect" dinners, so each will get its own message. Now, on to the replies...

bunsofclay

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:46pm
I can't resist showtunes, and vocal jazz is also at the top of the list of my favorite music.

bunsofclay

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:47pm
Perfect Dinner #1: Pork tenderloin in a rosemary-ginger marinade, tiny spears of young asparagus and roasted new potatoes, with raspberry sorbet for dessert. Nothing too heavy...

bunsofclay

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:47pm
Perfect Dinner #2: Capellini pomodoro with toscana soup and garlic bread, and lemon sorbet for dessert.

bunsofclay

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:48pm
Perfect Dinner #3: Vegetable lasagna with Caesar salad and garlic bread, and 80-proof tiramisu for dessert.

bunsofclay

Pages