Dependency Breeds Poverty

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-01-2004
Dependency Breeds Poverty
75
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 8:25am

Education and a value system that supports a stable lifestyle prevent poverty. . .programs that foster dependency

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-25-2010
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 5:43am
A smart congress will raise taxes on the highest 5 percent to 85% of gross getting rid of the deficit. Expand the health Care to all medical and dental. Give tax breaks to Dr's serving the public good.
Get rid of the SS tax cap revitalizing SS!! Deporting illegal aliens(as the Obama gov't is already doing). Stopping letting in refugees. Making the US a beautiful place. Authorizing abortion on demand which cuts the welfare and saves billions. Outlaws unnatural hormones in food that is leeched into humans which is responsible for the obesity.
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos



























xvx Pictures, Images and Photos


iVillage Member
Registered: 09-03-2010
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 12:40am

>>> Hmmm no sense of history.

That's what I was saying...but it was amusing nonetheless. Thanks. ; )

>>> Oh well you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

True...sad, but true.

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-03-2010
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 12:39am

>>> Whom ever is your source for history is grossly misinformed.

History is history and the facts are the facts. Feel free to make it up as you go along, but you can't change history and you won't be convincing many people.

>>> November won't change a thing we still will have a bonehead congress.

Yeah, but it will be a bonehead Congress that, hopefully, will curb spending, lower taxes and block Obama's socialist agenda.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-25-2010
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:37pm
Hmmm no sense of history. Oh well you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos



























xvx Pictures, Images and Photos


iVillage Member
Registered: 01-25-2010
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:34pm
Whom ever is your source for history is grossly misinformed.
November won't change a thing we still will have a bonehead congress.
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos



























xvx Pictures, Images and Photos


iVillage Member
Registered: 09-03-2010
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:49am

>>>>Please do not read into what is written.
>>>>First of all, that's not true. A royal visit, while expensive, generally showed favor, not disdain. Second, that's gross consumption, not a redistribution of wealth.<<<<<<
>>> I never said or implied disdain only a tactic used fro dual purposes. The noble was seen having the King's favor while the king reduced the wealth of the noble.

>>> Disdain is implied if you're going to suggest that the motive of a royal progress was to bankrupt "trouble makers"...which wasn't the intention at all.<<<<
>>> Now where did you get that: Rofl
Henry the VIII ? You must be mis informed!!!

Yes, I'm misinformed by actual history, rather than some liberal comic book version.

>>>>>>> So you do see the danger.

No, not really...at least not until we see some of these "rich people" raising private armies that could rival the US military...and frankly, that ain't gonna happen, so I'm sleeping fine at night.<<<<<<<

>>> They don't need an army when they have a pen and a deep checkbook.

No one is going to take over the country with a pen and a deep checkbook.

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-03-2010
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:45am

>>>Ok...you cling to your rabbit's foot, and I'll stick with hard work and enterprise.

>>> Bill Gates tried to sell Microsoft to Ross Perot. Luck Perot turned him down! Generally LUCK = preparation meets opportunity!

>>> It was a business decision, not luck.

>>> What business decision from whose stand point? From Ross Perot yes it was a business decision. He could not have known he missed the opportunity of the century. For Bill Gates it was luck!

Who knows what might have happened if Gates sold a large portion of Microsoft to Perot? Maybe Microsoft would be bigger? One could speculate endlessly.

Are the writings from a "big Picture" stand point?

>>> Fortune favors the bold!

Sometimes.

>>> Liberal policies are the cause of many obstacles that are facing the country today, so, in order to set the country back on it's proper path, we must wrest power from liberals and overturn their destructive policies.<<<<

>>> Why are you asking for the same thing?

I'm not. If I were, I'd be a liberal.

>>> Make the world fit my values is what you keep writing even though those days are long gone.

Until November.

>>> Pay as a remission of taxes to every poor family, out of the surplus taxes, and in room of poor-rates, four pounds a year for every child under fourteen years of age." Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man.

Repeal that law, and you will soon see a change in their manners...industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them.

– Benjamin Franklin, letter to Collinson, May 9, 1753

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-25-2010
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 3:53pm

>>>Ok...you cling to your rabbit's foot, and I'll stick with hard work and enterprise.

>>> Bill Gates tried to sell Microsoft to Ross Perot. Luck Perot turned him down! Generally LUCK = preparation meets opportunity!

It was a business decision, not luck.
What business decision from whose stand point? From Ross Perot yes it was a business decision. He could not have known he missed the opportunity of the century. For Bill Gates it was luck!
Are the writings from a "big Picture" stand point?

Fortune favors the bold!
>>> Liberal policies are the cause of many obstacles that are facing the country today, so, in order to set the country back on it's proper path, we must wrest power from liberals and overturn their destructive policies.<<<<
Why are you asking for the same thing? Make the world fit my values is what you keep writing even though those days are long gone.

Pay as a remission of taxes to every poor family, out of the surplus taxes, and in room of poor-rates, four pounds a year for every child under fourteen years of age." Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man.






Edited 9/17/2010 8:59 pm ET by xxxs
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos


iVillage Member
Registered: 09-03-2010
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 3:03pm

<< If the truck stop was "bypassed by the super"...whatever that is...how did it go from "near bankruptcy to millionaire status?"<<

>>> The 64 year old went on the road ans leased his method for cooking Chicken - Colonel Sanders of KFC

So instead of whining because his truck stop was bypassed and asking for handouts and welfare, the Colonel actually decided to take personal responsibility for his situation, worked hard and achieved success. Applause to the Colonel.

<< Why would someone who found success through his own ingenuity and enterprise be making excuses?

<< When people overcome obstacles they are whining? Think again!

>>> When did I ever say that? yes

What?

<< No such thing as luck...hard work and a solid plan will reap rewards...beyond that, it's a matter of how good the service or product you're selling is.<<<<<

>>> Wrong there is luck .

Ok...you cling to your rabbit's foot, and I'll stick with hard work and enterprise.

>>> Bill Gates tried to sell Microsoft to Ross Perot. Luck Perot turned him down! Generally LUCK = preparation meets opportunity!

It was a business decision, not luck.

<< not sure where you got that idea about someone who has always endorsed personal responsibility...unless you're referring to those "cunning" people who think they're entitled to the money other people earned through hard work.<<

>>> Being smart is a liability?

I wouldn't think so.

>>> There a lot of "hard workers who never achieve. Success is more than just hard work.

Very few hard workers never "achieve." They might not become "wealthy" but they'll do much better than the slackers or those who are content to get by on handouts.

>>> Blaming "liberals" is as useless as blaming Neptune for the rain.

That might be true, unless Neptune were actually responsible for the rain. In the real world, liberals actually are responsible for many of the policies that are doing damage to the country and it's people.

>>> Have you not falling into the blame game rather than figure out how to overcome obstacles. No matter who is in power there will always be problems.

To figure out how to overcome obstacles you first have to understand what the obstacles are and what's causing them. Liberal policies are the cause of many obstacles that are facing the country today, so, in order to set the country back on it's proper path, we must wrest power from liberals and overturn their destructive policies.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-25-2010
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 3:27am

>>>>Please do not read into what is written.
>>>>First of all, that's not true. A royal visit, while expensive, generally showed favor, not disdain. Second, that's gross consumption, not a redistribution of wealth.<<<<<<
>>> I never said or implied disdain only a tactic used fro dual purposes. The noble was seen having the King's favor while the king reduced the wealth of the noble.

Disdain is implied if you're going to suggest that the motive of a royal progress was to bankrupt "trouble makers"...which wasn't the intention at all.<<<<
Now where did you get that: Rofl
Henry the VIII ? You must be mis informed!!!

>>>>>>> So you do see the danger.

No, not really...at least not until we see some of these "rich people" raising private armies that could rival the US military...and frankly, that ain't gonna happen, so I'm sleeping fine at night.<<<<<<<
They don't need an army when they have a pen and a deep checkbook.

xvx Pictures, Images and Photos





















xvx Pictures, Images and Photos


Pages