‘I’m Exhausted of Defending You’

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 12:56pm

September 20, 2010 3:58 P.M.
By Daniel Foster

One of the more memorable moments from the Obama CNBC town hall came when an African-American woman — a military veteran and mother of two — told the president she was “exhausted of defending” his administration:

“I’m one of your middle-class Americans, and quite frankly I’m exhausted. I’m exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for, and deeply disappointed with where we are right now. I had been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I’m one of those people and I’m waiting, sir. I’m waiting. I don’t feel it yet, and I thought that — while it wouldn’t be in great measure — I would feel it in some small measure.”

The woman than talks about the impact of the recession on her family, her worry about being able to pay her two daughters’ tuition, and her fear that her family may be heading back to their “hot dogs and beans days.”
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/247152/im-exhausted-defending-you-daniel-foster

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 8:28pm

Slogans and hype helped him get elected, but they aren't helping him in office. His lack of experience and skills as an executive have been totally exposed. He is just not capable of being president, and we are all paying for it now.

We are a joke to other nations, both allies and enemies. He's been ineffective in dealing with the recession. He lied about keeping unemployment down to get a huge pork bill passed. And on and on.

I heard one executive talking today (one of the founders of Home Depot) about the damage he's done to the country, particularly with the debt and the lack of anyone around him that has any clue about how business works. He said he wasn't sure if we'd ever recover. I sure hope he's wrong. Thanks Barry.

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 8:58pm
Most presidents learn on the job. That is a problem. Even being a governor is not job training. It helps to have been a vice president but that is no guarantee. Especially with a congress of five year olds.
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos

xvx Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 9:39pm
n/t
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 3:38pm

I agree.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 9:06pm
Not exactly true

Edited 9/23/2010 9:08 pm ET by sweetlyfe