Are you one of those people.....

iVillage Member
Are you one of those people.....
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 4:19pm

who need a vacation from your vacation? Do you get back from a trip and need a few days to relax and get back to normal? Or do you get back and jump right back into everything that you've missed?

What do you do when you get home?

New siggie 10/08

suitcase tag

Gayle

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 2:54pm
no no no! Our vacations (usually) relax us & we're able to get back into the saddle upon return (albeit unwillingly)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-05-2010 - 9:08pm

I usually have to get back into the swing of things without much decompression!

Gayle

Community Leader
Fri, 10-15-2010 - 11:34am

Personally I hate vacations - I am usually bored and overwhelmed at the same time! LOL

As soon as I get home, all I want to do is get back on my computer and check in. :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-15-2010 - 12:58pm

I do need a vacation from my vacation. I usually do mountains of laundry and check

my email when we get home. And if it was a camping vacation I have a whole

portable kitchen to wash and put away.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-22-2010 - 6:02pm

My husband and I love to travel as often as we can...never often enough...and we're retired, so we take as much time as we need to settle back into real life when we return home. As soon as we bring the luggage into the house, we unpack. We move at a fast rate to get it done asap as we both hate doing it! We also check phone messages, quickly scan through the pile of mail to see if there's anything that needs our immediate attention, then get online to check our emails. The next day, we tackle the piles of laundry and pick up needed groceries. Then we relax for a couple of days before venturing out on whatever fun thing is on our calendar next.

Photobucket