WIP Wednesday, September 22, 2010

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 10:46am
Guess I shouldn't have asked about "creative block" because I really stalled out on Witches Wheel... I KNOW there is at least one, maybe two counting errors in this because spacing is off on both Witch's heads. But I can't find the error and ripping out on this fabric is disastrous --- it makes the fabric look "holey". SO... How to fudge around an error one can't find when the piece is supposed to be symmetrical and a mirror image?

Anyone else stitching this week? Care to share your WIPs?

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 9:27pm

That is really nice! It looks funky, can`t wait to see it finished!

Nathalie
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 2:34pm

I've been doing a lot of fudging, mostly on two-color knitting. Generally, if you can't find the error, nobody else will, either. (And if you can find the error, one row/column/stitch of error still leaves a very nice design.) I found one of my filet pattern books has an error in the chart. (No, I don't believe the "trellis" is supposed to be broken there.)

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 6:01pm

Once can only hope that the mistake is cancelled out. My eyes are crossing from trying to count black stitches on that background and checking it agains the chart... I think I just won't be able to stitch from the center out on the left-hand witch as she is the one who HAS to adjust for the mistake...

Welcome to our board, by the way. We welcome knitters here (love your little amigurumi!) and hope you will share more of your work!

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 7:23pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm one of the refugees from the fiber arts board (I originally suggested the name). I keep meaning to get back to doing amigurumi, but I work very slowly and between need and wants, haven't done yet (and I bought the spiffy glass eyes, too)

I posted a couple items on the knitting & crocheting board; is there a way to put them up without uploading them again? (Or is that just "not done"?)

Cthulu Crochet

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 11:01pm

We are good friends with Knitting and Crochet (the cl there is a semi-regular here as well!) so cross posting is fine with me. You could just post the url to the post if you wish! We share! In fact, the reason we have a yarn section at all is because there was a brief period when a former knitting/crocheting/weaving board was merged with us, but shortly after that merger, they opened new board and our yarn folder never was closed down! So we just kept it going and tell Knitting and Crocheting to snag threads at will!

I was sad to see Fiber Arts closed --- I guess they never found a cl and that has a lot to do with the survival of a board.

And I know it's hard to shift channels --- there is a sometimes-detectable cultural difference in the feel of the channels, but I hope you find you like us over here in H&G!

CL for