iVillage Member
Pictures of fair projects
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 11:04pm

Here are

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 1:36pm

Beautiful!

I assume that there are multiple doily classes because otherwise, how did you get three firsts in doilies?

Here, crocheted afghans have multiple classes (ripple, shell, afghan stitch, granny square, mile-a-minute, and any other..) but other crocheted items are listed under use (one class of pillows; one class of tablecloth, runner or mantle cover; one class of potholders - but you can enter two items; and then any technique of tote bag, purse or backpack) Also, on can submit two items for crocheted Christmas ornaments; a crocheted vest in the Vest class, and under the Infant class, crocheted baby blanket, crocheted booties, crocheted sweater, infant dress, 2-piece outfit, and crocheted set of hat, booties and sweater are possible. I don't know if this list has always been the case, but it seems to me that you have a lot more freedom in your fair than we do in ours!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 4:39pm

There are 15 sections in the Needlework Dept. and of those 13 have classes for crocheted items. There are also classes in some section for knit and embroidery. We could enter 2 projects in each class but only one premium allowed per exhibitor in each class. They have a pretty extensive class list but unfortunately some of the handcrafts are slowly dying.

The Teal Doily (12" & under class), the white w/pink center doily (Centerpiece over 12 inches) and the Yellow Rose is a hotpad and that class included any type of handcraft.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 11:43pm
Ar you prevented from entering a class next year if you won a premium? We are here...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 7:11am

No. I can't imagine telling someone they can't enter a class because the won the year before. It seems that would discourage people if they couldn't come back the next year. Especially, since the entries in some the needlework classes have dwindled over the years.

When I checked my things in they were delighted that people could finally have two entries per class because that helped fill up the display cases.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 9:59am

I agree --- this year's fair had roughly HALf the needlework on display as in previous years and I would think they would do anything to encourage more entries.

But then, the chairperson of the needlework division did admit in a newspaper article that she didn't DO needlework, had no clue about needlework, etc... so I suppose that kind of fair administration doesn't end up encouraging entries or even CARING about encouraging entries...

CL for