......on being happy

iVillage Member
......on being happy
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 8:39am
Illustration of two people dancingJoy Gosney

• Quick tricks for instant bliss, and the secrets of staying happy long-term.

• 9 things U can do to be happy in the next 30 minutes
    Surprising ways to instantly improve your mood.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 11:23pm

Great ideas!! Not much that I don't already know and do regularly, but good to read so many of them!! A couple of things stood out......

People who do new things―learn a game, travel to unfamiliar places―are happier than people who stick to familiar activities that they already do well. That's me!! I so agree!! This is one of the

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 3:10pm

I play chess, it' not hard at all, the figures move in different directions and after you learn those

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 11:18am

I don't think they meant to torture yourself with hard hair pulling. Just a light tug makes the scalp move and would allow stronger blood circulation, which could relieve tension. What they said was..

“If you gently take handfuls of hair and pull the skin away from your scalp to get blood flowing to that area of the head, you can relieve a lot of potentially tiring tension”.

I don't think they mean to disconnect the skin from the scalp. When I get tense, my head feels like it's going to explode from within, not in pain, just pressure. It might work.

Dancing's fun! I don't know Doc & Meryl Watson and my speakers are broke, so I can't YouTube them.

Have a good day/night and keep dancing! ;)

Photobucket