Anyone else lose their appetite in 3t?

iVillage Member
Anyone else lose their appetite in 3t?
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 3:42am

I'm at 29 weeks (3rd trimester) and have kind of lost my appetite. This is certainly NOT the awful nausea of the first trimester, but it's weird how I just don't feel like eating much of anything. I don't remember feeling this way in my previous pregnancies. (Guess it's true what they say, every pregnancy is different!)

Anybody else feel this way too?

Have a great day everybody!

Molly

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 5:41am

Hi Karen!

Nothing like breastfeeding for taking weight off! Hope that baby Mateo is still doing well and that you're enjoying him. Glad to see that you are still coming to visit the board!

Molly

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 12:45pm

I wouldn't say I completely lost it, but it definitely diminished. Not only was my belly huge from the baby and extra fluid, I was pregnant during the height of summer, so between the lack of space and the heat, I was not as hungry and got full a lot faster. In the 2t, I was starving and eating constantly, and gained weight at an accelerated rate, but that slowed in the last half of the 3 t, even though the baby was gaining substantially by them.

Now that I've had the baby and I'm breastfeeding, I'm back to being starving all the time. Luckily, I seem to still be burning the weight off rather than putting it on. I gained a total of 45 lbs during my pregnancy and have lost 30. I have the feeling I may hit a plateau and have to actually work to get the last 10 or so off (I say 'or so' because I'd like to eventually get below my pre-pregnancy weight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 5:08am
Thanks Susan and Renee! I'm already doing better today-- I made some homemade yogurt and it is SOOO fresh and cool and delicious. I've had 3 bowls of it already!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 4:38pm

Towards the end of my pregnancy my tummy was crowded out and nothing really appealed to me.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 10:33am
I had that with my first pregnancy...and a bit now. At my last OB appt I was surprised to see that I had lost 2 pounds.
baby development