pregnant at 40 with possible fibroid

iVillage Member
pregnant at 40 with possible fibroid
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 9:03am

Hi there!

I'm new to this board. My husband and I are blessed with a beautiful 9 year old daughter and have been trying to expand on our family for 5 years. I've had 2 miscarriages and one chemical pregnancy and just found out on Saturday that as I had suspected since conception that I am pregnant (5 weeks).

We are absolutely over the moon excited as my problem has been getting pregnant. I just started seeing and OB/GYN earlier this Spring and both DH and I have had testing and I also had a dye test. The dye test showed that my uterus was abnormal or "misshapen" as he put it. I have been patiently waiting for over 3 months for an ultrasound to see if it is indeed a fibroid. Judging from X-rays I have seen of normal uteruses it looks as though if it is a fibroid it's fairly large and at the top of my uterus.

Has anyone had a large fibroid and had a successful pregnancy? I'm so worried I will miscarry again.
I've had had lots of warm cramping off and on but it seems to have waned off the last few days.

Thoughts????
Thanks!