Matie is one month

iVillage Member
Matie is one month
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 10:26am

He's now pushing 12 lbs. He falls asleep in the car or stroller quickly, but he's really starting to look around and focus on people's faces more. Very cool!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Edited 9/11/2010 10:28 am ET by karen2010
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 3:51pm

Has it really been four months already? Hard to believe time's gone by so fast. Last Tues, Matie was weighed at 11.5 lbs, so he must be over 12 by now and I can only guess that at this rate he could be 15 lbs or more by 4 months.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 1:55pm
Wow, Karen, he's a big boy! And quite handsome, too! Joey just turned four months old a few days ago and is a bit heavier than 13.5 lbs. It sounds like you're enjoying motherhood -- so glad to hear it! Take care, and thanks for sharing pics of your little man.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 1:21pm

The blanket was a shower gift. I got several other nice handmade ones also, though I unfortunately don't possess that skill.

I'm working with my state Family Services office on the paternity issue, but I'm not holding my breath for any child support. Although I think the father is making a big mistake by missing out on having contact with his son, it might be for the best, and I'm too in love with my baby boy to feel very bitter about it. Nothing could make me regret my decision to have this baby.

Here are a couple more pics.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 12:08pm

Karen,

He is such a cutie!

And a big boy. Is Dad a big guy? I meant to ask earlier...what did you ever decide on paternity? Do you receive support? I'd hate to think of you shouldering on this responsibility (financially anyway!) by yourself.

Keep the pictures coming, he is adorable!

P.S. I LOVE that crocheted blanket in the stroller. Did you make that?