6-Week Pic/First Smiles!

iVillage Member
6-Week Pic/First Smiles!
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 12:23pm

Hello everyone!

I was lurking around the "Introduce Yourself" section of this board and thought to myself..."I'm so glad to have gotten through those months...the shock of pregnancy, the scare of early testing, and the throes of gestational diabetes"!

It's hard to believe that not quite a year ago, we found ourselves in similar shoes even if the circumstances surrounding each of our pregnancies/conceptions were different! Don't miss the anxiety and "coming to terms with this" at all.

Just LOVIN' being a momma to Mary, Ben and Luke.

Who by the way, must love me being his momma b/c he smiled for the first time on his 6-week birthday! I swear I thought the corners of his mouth were turning up earlier that week, but thought it was way too early,

But check out his pix!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to pick up my kindergartner who I miss so much during the mornings! She, on the other hand, is having way too much fun at school to miss momma! *sigh* :)

Val

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 1:29pm

Those are smiles alright, Val! How sweet. I have actually caught several "gassy smiles" on camera (and btw, I don't believe they're actually caused by gas, but are actually kind of "practice" smiles), and I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple already recently at various times while talking to him, but I can't wait to start seeing those "I'm smiling at you because you're my mommy and I love you" smiles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 2:02am
I love the pictures!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 1:56pm
What a great smile Luke has! Baby smiles and baby laughs are THE best! Have fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 9:53am
Val,
He is just adorable. Love the smiles. Declan started smiling too and it is so fun to see him smile. I love your idea of putting a sign w/ how old he is when you take his picture.

Carol, mom to 7Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 6:39pm

I have definitely started seeing smiles in the past few days, the looking straight at me, wide-mouthed kind like in this pic, not just the fleeting smiles while napping. It's not that often yet (he'll be 6 weeks Tues), but they've started. Can't wait to see more of them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:02pm
Ahhh, how adorable!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 11:20am

I've also encountered my first "true" smiles this week-- although Mateo has actually been smiling here and there for weeks already, this week (also 6 weeks for him) something changed and now the smiles are definitely intentional. As cute as they are in pics, they're even better in person accompanied by gurgles and coos. I'm lovin being a momma too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket