First OB appointment

iVillage Member
First OB appointment
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 7:08am

So, I made it to my first OB appointment. Last time I did too---and miscarried that night in the ER---so I was a bit nervous about going. Weird, I know, since what are the chances of that happening again, but still....Of course, then the OB left me for AN HOUR waiting in the exam room for her and I completely freaked out, since I was already freaking out a bit about being there. And had to leave at a certain time to get to work. I think she did the fastest first OB appointment ever for me----as she said, I was JUST in there, less than six months ago, and we did all that stuff. Anyway, the best part was that she could hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. Fantastic. She said it sounds great. So great she wouldn't let me have another ultrasound. I know she's right, but it would make ME feel better.

I will do the NT screening in a few weeks, so we will get to see the baby again. My OB gave me a hard time for wanting that, but I will be 35 two months after the baby is born----I mean, really, you're going to tell me my risk goes up significantly only AFTER my birthday? Seems silly to me and I just need to know----I can't wait longer for the bloodwork. I just need to know if this baby looks ok.

Rebecca

2005 5 IUIs + stims---all BFN
4/06 IVF #1 BFN
8/06 FET #1 BFP. Boy/girl twins 4/07
1/10 IVF #2. BFP. Lost baby 4/10 at 11 weeks.
7/10 IVF #3 . BFP. Baby #3 due 4/8/11.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 12:04pm
Wow Rebecca, I'm so glad you got to hear the hb on the dopplar.

sig.jpg picture by jkasischke

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 12:59pm
I'm glad your appointment went well and yay for hearing the hb! It's pretty reassuring once they catch it on there! I had my first appointment yesterday too and my OB, while very thorough, was talking very fast. She said "Sorry that I'm talking so fast, but I have a patient pushing and don't want to have to run out in the middle of your pap smear!" LOL. Nice of the woman to deliver AFTER my appointment so I didn't have to wait for hours!

Steph sig may 2009

Steph sig may 2009

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 4:48pm
Bummer that you couldn't get another u/s but yay for a nice strong hb :) Congrats on a good appt. Waiting only an hour is pretty lucky IMO. I usually wait 1-2.5 hours at my OB's office :(

Photobucket