iVillage Member
u/s today
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 4:18pm

Well, my u/s did not go as I'd hoped.

sig.jpg picture by jkasischke

iVillage Member
In reply to: sunshinejbear
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 4:22pm

It is totally possible that you ovulated a week later than you thought. If you tested at what you thought was 15DPO but was really only 8-9DPO, of course it would be super faint. I was 5w4d and all they saw was a gest. sac and a yolk sac. SO if you O'd about a week late, that would be all you'd see today too.

So maybe we'll be due date buddies? I have my u/s on Sept 29th. When is yours? Two weeks from today? I'm sending prayers your way, but I want you to know there is still hope. Don't feel defeated.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 4:50pm

Well Kate, it would be really funny if we became due date buddies.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 5:07pm
I'm so sorry that it didn't go as well as we would have hoped. I agree it is entirely possible that things are just fine. This is one reason that some docs won't do ultrasounds before 8 or 9 weeks - there's just too much uncertainty around this time. P&PT that everything is OK. KUP!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 5:36pm
Thanks Melissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 8:35pm

I will definitely say a prayer that your next appt. is exactly what you hoped on your first one.

Kate
TTC #1 since May 2005

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 8:34am

Julia, on the cycle I got my bfp, I had a really whacked out long crazy cycle. I would NEVER have known what was up, except that I happened to choose that cycle to start temping. Because I was charting, I got my first VERY faint bfp at 8 dpo, but that was on CD 40 of a usually-26 day cycle. So, I know I would have been in a panic if I was expecting to be due Mar. 6th based on lmp, and everything lined up with an edd of 3/23 (which is accurate based on O). So, Oing late is a definite possibility (more to come on that later!)

Also, I went in for an u/s when I was supposed to be 5w3d. The idiot u/s chick told me I was only measuring 4 weeks. Talk about panic -- I *knew* my dates for a fact. How could I be measuring a whole week behind?!? However, when I got home and compared the u/s pic to others of women who were 5.5 weeks, it matched up perfectly, both in measurement and what could be seen. I don't know what the u/s chick was smoking, but sometimes measurements can be off.

And when both the measurement AND the O date are off, it can make for an even scarier wait time, but I'm going to be hoping and praying for it to be one or the other, or both, and that everything's a-okay with your little bean.

2 other quick stories. I have two very close friends. After my m/c in May, I kept both of them up to date on my whole rocky start to this pregnancy (which was all in my own PAL brain -- there was never anything physically to make us think anything was wrong, but it was all the "off" measurements, late O, etc that was causing the worry). I had the early u/s, hcgs, etc. When I confirmed to both friends that all looked good when we saw the heartbeat at last, both friends told me they were pregnant and due a week before me, but hadn't wanted to tell me when I was freaking out.

Now, the funny thing is we've all gone in for our 1st tri u/s now. My baby is measuring a day or two ahead (remember -- I knew all my dates and everything). BOTH of them got their due dates moved back by a week, so both had some combo of O'ing later than average, or implanting later, so that they were a week or so off on their due dates (they're now due in the two days before I am, both with perfectly healthy beans!)

So, it really does happen, a lot. I know you know that, but I always feel calmed by real life, no-big-deal stories, and I hope these all help you to stay a little calmer during the next 2 weeks. Hang in there. I know this is a rough time, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Photobucket

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 9:08am
Mine is at 1:30 EST :) I have a good feeling about that for both of us!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 10:29am
Yeah Kelly, that does help me.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 10:30am
Yay!