23 week Appt

iVillage Member
23 week Appt
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 4:10pm

After the last few days of horrible and I mean terrible BP's on the machine, I thought today was going to be a day of coming to terms with a medication bump or the talk of we may need to do...but I was wrong.

I lost 2 pounds and my BP was the lowest it has registered in...gosh, I can't even remember a BP that low.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: mommyttwo
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 3:23pm

Thanks Kathryn!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 1:39am

Im sorry your bp is still kind of erractic. But a low bp is much better than a higher one! Keep it up :) I agree that the manual kind is more accurate that the electronic, automatic ones. Seems like there's less room for error, KWIM?

I would try not to worry too much about the weight. Your weight tends to fluctuate a little bit during pregnancy anyway. As long as you are eating whenever you feel hungry, and making sure to get in one or two snacks a day, you should be fine. I bet it will even out soon, and youll probably start to gain a little bit more as you approach the 3t! (I know that is when I always pack on the pounds!)

I hope that you can schedule the c-section soon. Im sure that no matter what day your baby is born, that your family will be happy for you. I agree that it might be a really nice way to remember your grandpa who has already passed on.

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 4:33pm

That's awesome, Jenn! I'm glad to hear that your BP is down. I hate the automatic ones too. I totally have white coat syndrome, but so far during my pregnancy, my BP has been on the low side rather than high.

As for the C-section date, I think it might actually be a really nice tribute to his grandpa to have your baby on that date. I know it would be a mixed bag of emotions that day, but it might be good to have another life to celebrate on that date... :)

Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker