kinda blue today...

iVillage Member
kinda blue today...
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 2:56pm

So...today is my EDD from my m/c. And a good friend of ours that had the same due date is in the hospital as we speak getting induced. I'm super happy for them, but it also makes me think about and long once again for the little one we lost. :( Sigh. And there's been a lot of 2T losses on my EC board lately and it's just making me so very sad.

Also, I've been totally having PAL brain this week. I even went to L&D on Monday cuz I thought I was in pre-term labor ( I was having cramping and lower back pain). Bleh. Everything was fine - heard her little heartbeat and I wasn't having contractions.

She's been moving around more and more lately, which is good. But now, of course the past two days, she's been kinda mellow. I just hope she's still doing okay. I can't wait till my next appt a week from Tuesday...

Thanks for listening, ladies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 4:25pm

Kathryn,

I know how hard it is when you come up on your old EDD.

sig.jpg picture by jkasischke

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 4:36pm

I'm sorry you're feeling sad today. My EDD from my m/c was a really hard time for me too and I still have a hard time seeing all the babies in my family born around then. I'm also sorry there have been 2T losses on your EC. There has been 2 on mine as well.

It's okay to give into PAL brain every now and then if it gives you reassurance and your appointment will be here in no time. I'm already on 2w appointments and I love hearing the heartbeat so often. Yo'll be there soon too. Don't worry too much about your LO's movement. Sometimes they just have mellow days, especially after a particularly active one. I agree you should try a cold glass of OJ or water and lay on your left side. That LO will be poking around in no time. Or try curling up with a good book or movie and some ice cream tonight. Ice cream always gets my LO going and the relaxation will be good for you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 5:59pm

Oh Kathryn, our angel babies' EDDs can be so hard. I felt the same way with mine. It must be even harder knowing someone who was due at the same time, who is now having their baby.

I'm sure your LO is just fine! Some babies are just more mellow than others, and I think they're kind of like us in that they have some days where they have more energy and others where they have less. It's even more noticeable to me now that she is bigger. There are days when I'll get some serious jabs, and other days where she just squirms around a bit.

I'm glad everything was OK at L&D and that you weren't actually having contractions!

Melissa - 38

DH - 38

DD - Almost 2!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 6:33pm

I'm sorry to hear that your feeling down today : ( We have had a large amount of losses on our EC huh? It just plain sucks because we know exactly how those women are feeling.

As for the movement, it is normal for the baby to be very active one day and not so much the next. I read that around 28 weeks is when you start monitoring the baby's movement so I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.

I hope that you have a better day tomorrow and a great appt. in a couple of weeks.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 8:51pm

Kathyrn, Im sorry, the EDD can be really, really hard. Even though you are pregnant again, it does not take away the fact that you should be having a baby NOW - not in four or five months from now.

Wow, more 2t losses from your EC?
That is just so sad, and really hard to swallow.

I know that I personally have the tendency to be bitter/angry/jealous with friends and others who have had successful pregnancies while I was suffering through my losses. But I have found that holding onto those negative feelings really only hurts myself.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC appointment next week, and that it puts your mind at ease, so that you can continue to have a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Photobucket

My Personal Blog: myhopeisin-you.blogspot.com
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Community Leader
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 7:26am
I've just been over to the Feb EC board and read about those poor poor women who have lost there LOs, I'm now in tears! It is so tragic what they have to go thru, no wonder you're feelin blue! I think sometimes you just have to let yourself feel like that, just accept that today is day you're gonna devote to the baby you lost and tomoro will be a better day *hugs*
TTC #1 since Aug 09, m/c Oct 09. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 9:43am

Kathryn,

I hear ya!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 5:13pm
Thanks, Julia! Since, technically, our little one's gender is still up in the air (although I know in my heart she's a she!), I tweaked your shopping advice and went out and bought something to take to the hospital for the baby that was just born. That made me feel a lot better and I got to do some window shopping for ours at the same time! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 5:15pm
OH my gosh, I can't wait for 2 week appointments! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 5:18pm
Thanks, Melissa. I felt so stupid for going in to L&D, but it's not like I was asking to go. I just described my symptoms, and that's where they sent me. The good news is, i got a practice run in for when I really do go into labor. :) And the nurses were all very nice and didn't look at me like I was crazy, so that was a plus!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Pages