Need a shoulder to lean on

iVillage Member
Need a shoulder to lean on
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 12:30pm

I'm feeling discouraged.

I think I've mentioned what a serious baby Noah is and how he almost never smiles, right? Well, I tell you, I have to be a freaking circus clown to get this kid to smile at me... Anyway, I took him to the well baby clinic this morning to get weighed and as the nurse was walking by him (in a room full of babies) she stops and says "Boy, he's serious". He wasn't doing anything Just sitting on my lap but she singled him out. So then she starts asking if he moves his head from side to side, does tummy time, etc. Yes and yes. She walks away and then when it came time for him to get weighed she weighed him and then started asking more questions, but this time she's holding him and he's not looking her in the face (not abnormal for him, he doesn't like strangers and almost only looks me in the face). She's just chatting with him asking what's wrong, why doesn't he smile, is something hurting him, something bothering him... Now I'm a nervous wreck. What if there's something rong with him? Why did she single him out?

I asked her if I can expect a slight delay seeing as he's been through so much, plus he was 3 weeks early and she just said "he'll catch up". So, is that a yes? Because if that's the case then I'll lower my expectations and look at him as more of a 1 month old developmentally (he's 2 months today) and stop freaking out when I read about things that he "should" be doing. I mean, really he just doesn't like to look people in the face (he used to before his surgery though), he rarely smiles (maybe 3 a day) and he's quiet. He doesn't coo... He makes happy noises only a couple of times a day and once in awhile he "talks" when he's fussy...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sandra

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 10:36pm
He is so precious, I hope I can catch his random smiles soon. Yeah he would be like 5 weeks adjusted age but I don't look at him like that b/c he has gotten so big! School is kicking my butt but I can handle it. I want to be a nurse so I can help one of us ladies one day when I encounter it so I can change their life and make a positive impression on them. I have missed you ladies so much also.I have been wondering how all the babies are doing, Tj is doing so well. He has started cooing he likes it when I call him "pumpkin butt" that is usually how I get the coos it is so weird. But gotta go do homework, MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH! Talk to you soon.
KStar Design.com

KStar Design.com

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Photobucket
KStar Design.com

Pages