Anyone else...

iVillage Member
Anyone else...
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 11:06pm

...still feel overwhelming anxiety and fear? I just can't shake it! I'm still afraid to sleep because I'm afraid that something could happen while I'm sleeping. I check on Noah at least every 15 minutes when he's sleeping. I can't leave his side...

Today he was in my arms and he started breathing funny. I was seconds away from calling 911, sure that he was dying, having a heart attack or something... then he threw up... he was just having some tummy issues :(

I sit here at night holding him and I just want to cry... I'm terrified of losing him! I still live from one appointment to the next. I have no reason to believe that he's at risk, he's gaining weight and developing well albeit maybe a couple of weeks behind) and his cardiologist is happy with his progress so far. It's just me. I'm a nervous wreck and I just want to be able to enjoy him!

Anyone else feel this way?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sandra

Mommy to Sadie (10-26-2003), Zachary (born sleeping 07-08-2009) and Noah (07-14-2010)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sandra

iVillage Member
In reply to: shaydon80
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 8:47am

Sandra,

You are not alone and I don't think that the feeling will ever truly go away...I think that it will always be a shadow in the background. We all know loss and

iVillage Member
In reply to: shaydon80
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 9:52am

Hey Sandra

I know that feeling, and I wish I could say it goes away but it doesn’t.

Photobucket