Sept . 27th - Oct. 1st
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 9:52am

Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing this week?

Renée

Baby Dylan - still

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 3:24pm

Maisley is adorable! I love her little shirt!

My big news for this week is that Noah has been sleeping through the night!!! He sleeps usually from about 9pm to 6am but still wakes at 3 (when DH's alarm goes off) for a half bottle. He wakes up all smiles, though. He's just such a wonderful little guy!

Unfortunately he caught a little cold so he's all congested :( Last week we were out shopping and someone walking by us sneezed (without covering her face) and I thought to myself "great! we're walking right through that woman's germs..." and sure enough he got sick! Grr! Anyway, he's hadnling it well, not too fussy, sleeping alright, eating normally so hopefully he'll get over it quickly!

Well, it's a beautiful day here so I'm going to take Noah for a walk to the grocery store before we have to pick up DD from school.

Have a good week, ladies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sandra

Mommy to Sadie (10-26-2003), Zachary (born sleeping 07-08-2009) and Noah (07-14-2010)

Sandra

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:52pm

Sandra-glad to hear that Noah is handling his cold so well. Cicely has one also and she gets really congested between 4am and 6am. I am so jealous that Noah is sleeping that much. I am averaging about 4 hours a night

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 6:29am

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear how little sleep you're getting, especially seeing as you have a cold!

You may be jealous of my sleep but I'm jealous of your kids' compassion! I asked my DD to participate in a study on genetic links in babies born with congenital heart defects and she refused... until I offered her a 20$ Toys R Us gift card if she was willing to give blood for the study! She doesn't care if it could benefit Noah or any future children we (or she) might have, she just doesn't like needles! After all that, though, DH doesn't want to participate because there's a clause about possibly finding something that may make us uninsurable... I really wanted to participate but that's a frightening prospect! Anyway, your kids sound like really great kids! I hope Cicely starts sleeping for longer stretches soon!

Take care,

Sandra

Mommy to Sadie (10-26-2003), Zachary (born sleeping 07-08-2009) and Noah (07-14-2010)

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 9:34am

Hello everyone,

Not much is new here this week.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 10:21pm

Just wanted to drop in with a quick update. We are FINALLY home from the NICU. We were able to come home sunday. I'm so happy to be home and getting back on a routine and seeing my family. I missed my kids so much. I was in the hospital for 4 days for the c/s then I was traveling back and forth for 3 days and then last thrus on I stayed until we came home sun because he was all breastfeeding (we tried bottles, he didn't take them) and he was nursing on demand. The only thing holding him up was his temp wasn't where they wanted it. Once we told them we thought he just ran cooler temps, they agreed to let us go home.

I'm so in love with my new little man. He is amazing. I'm trying to take everything in and remember everything since this most likely is our last. Sigh.. or at least we think. At the last minute we opted to not get the tubal done. I"m a bit worried. Dh finally admitted that he didn't want it done because it made him 'feel old'. UGH. And with our history, I'm sure I'll end up pregnant- I mean, we had 17 pregnancies in 7yrs. We'll see. I need to talk to my OB about how my uterus looked. Anyway I'm not thinking about another baby anytime soon. I'm just enjoying every minute of Oliver.

Speaking of him, he is doing amazing at home. the kids love him. Of course all 3 of them got colds the morning I was to come home. I knew that would happen. We're trying hard to keep Oliver healthy so he doesn't end up in the hospital again. He goes for his weight & Dr check on thrus. I can't wait to see how big he's getting. I have my 2wk follow up then too. I'm' already down 16lbs - 4 more to go before I'm back to pre-pg weight. I love post partum weight loss! LOL! I'm back in my pre-pg clothes too.

well I'm off to bed. I'm seriously lacking some sleep. Here are some pics of Oliver. no FB account needed to see the pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87719&id=1387116885&l=514eae37bd

Photobucket

"Someday this will all make sense, not today and probably not tomorrow, but someday" ~Missing

Photobucket Follow my money saving blog! ht