suspect FPIES

iVillage Member
suspect FPIES
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 12:53pm

Hello All!

I'm pretty sure my daughter, Lily, has FPIES. (She's 9 months....) We have been trying solids since she was 6 months and have had absolutely no luck. We started with rice cereal and after days of stomach issues and *really* stinky poop, she started vomiting almost exactly 2 hours after the cereal. No one seems to think it was the cereal, they always come up with other reasons why she has been doing this after feeding. She refused to try anything else, (pears, bananas, applesauce) and after a nigh long of constant vomiting (so scary!) with the cereal, I'm afraid to give her anything else solid. So, we are now at 9 months old and still exclusively breastfeeding. Our peds thinks it's celiacs disease (it's in our family) but after doing 3 months worth of research, I truly believe that's not it.
Does anyone in "i-village-land" have experience with this or know of any resources I can refer to? Do I keep trying solids even though we may have another "vomiting" experience? Not many peds seem to be familiar with this and I'm not sure how to proceed!

Thanks!
Maggie

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-14-2010 - 10:19am

Maggie,

Well you are in the right place. My 6yo has FPIES and has for about 4 years.

Katrina Pelters CL on Children's Allergies
Mom to Nicole Currently eating Elecare, Chicken breasts, eggs, Apples.  Failed trials: Soy, Rice, Dairy, Avacados, White potatos

Avoiding EVERYTHING ELSE!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-14-2010 - 11:18pm

Hey Maggie, I know you posted this awhile back but I'm an on-and-off lurker and just saw it.

I don't know anything about FPIES but I wanted to tell you that my oldest dd exclusively breastfed for two years.

Photobucket