BF'ing 10 months 1st PP af is here have?

iVillage Member
BF'ing 10 months 1st PP af is here have?
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 12:33am

OK I was not expecting AF to show up , but she did , out of the blue no warning , nothing , nada , zip !

Liam will be 10months old tomorrow we are still BF on demand during the day and night , he wakes up at least 2 times between 12am-7am to nurse and then through out the day several times. He is eating solids 2-3 times a day for meals plus small snacks here and there , this is not new and has been going on for a few months now so I was in total shock when the "old hag" appeared . I always thought as long as he was nursing at night she would stay far far far away?

My question is this "normal " , and by normal I mean is she here for good ? And will I be able to BF my son and not have issues with supply ?

Thank you for any answers ........excuse me while I go find some ibuprofen and my heating pad.....Sigh....

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

pink Supermom

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 7:39am

No worry, it's normal. AF can return really at anytime, every woman is different. I have a friend who exclusively bf all her kids, no paci or bottles and got hers at about 3 months each time.

Generally as a baby starts solids, gets older, puts anything else in their mouth odds of seeing AF increase. But, anyone can get AF anytime, there are no hard and fast rules. Don't worry about supply, just bf as much as baby wants. Don't forget women in older times bf 2-3 yrs or more and I'm sure they got AF before they were done bf and didn't suffer with supply problems.

You may or may not have a regular cycle from this point forward. No way to predict but both are possibilities.

Sorry! Ugh.......hope you feel better soon.

Kathy Kuhn IBCLC ivillage lactation consultant Grammy to Brennan, Elias, Elianna, Tahlia, Makenna, Maura, Silas, and Charlotte

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 4:27am
I'm going to have a right old moan now. I've breastfed my baby since day 1 and had af every single month - not happy! and to add insult now i've started weaning him and still bf a lot! I have had a very heavy af ... also got to go back to hospital and have my stictches (well the scar thats left) re opened and stiched again .. really fed up!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 1:50pm

I started getting AF again on Gabby's 2 month bday so consider yourself lucky!

Photobucket