Vacation Pumping Question!

iVillage Member
Vacation Pumping Question!
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 5:51pm

Hello everyone!

I'm still nursing/pumping at work for my 10 month old and we're going on vacation next week (yeah!).

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 9:29pm

I agree 100% with Charleen. If I were you, I wouldn't bother pumping while away on vacation. Just enjoy nursing directly and you'll be just fine!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 8:01pm
I see no reason why you have to continue pumping after the morning feed while your on vacation. Since you won't need the EBM from that session while on vacation you can probably drop it just fine for that week. If you did find yourself getting significantly engorge at that time from the missed pumping session then you could pump just enough tor relieve some of the engorgement. The fact that your DD will be nursing directly 100% of the time will definitely mean that she should be able to get more milk per daytime session then what you where getting via the pump at those times since breast pumps are less efficient then a baby directly nursing. As such I wouldn't worry about your supply taking any real hit.

Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket