a few quick questions

iVillage Member
a few quick questions
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 7:31pm

Ok I have a Britax Frontier that I had to replace and just got the new seat in and was thinking that since I have to install this seat I wanted to check on a few things.
First, I drive an 08 Dodge grand caravan and can not find anywhere in the manual where is says the weight limit on the latch. i think i remember someone here saying it was 45lbs but I just wanted to double check since DS is a little over 38lbs and if the limit is 40 I just want to go ahead and install it with the shoulder/lap belt.

Also if you have installed this seat in the same van did you use the short or long belt in the middle captains chairs or did you have to put it in the 3rd row? I am asking because here in southern SC its still really hot and humid and I would prefer not to have to be out there for very long playing with it since the heat is a trigger for panic attacks and my DH is currently not here to install it for me.

When I pulled the old frontier out because DS had an accident (potty not a vehicle accident) I noticed that the plastic pieces around the base were separating (the original frontier not an 85) I had one of the guys who works with DH come help me install the frontier from DH's truck but I need the new one put in my van so it doesn't sit around for 2 weeks with kids wanting to play with it and since it has the higher weight limit and the better cup holders I need it in my van where he rides more often.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 1:06pm
so after searching online and making several calls I found out that it is 48lbs for all Dodge and Chrysler products.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket