Radian RF install -- frustrated

iVillage Member
Radian RF install -- frustrated
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 1:48pm

I am so frustrated with our new Radian. DD is 2.5 and still RF (she's only 24-ish pounds). She was in a marathon, and we decided to get a Radian so we could pass the MA down to the baby since DD's legs are so cramped in the MA. I have installed and reinstalled this seat and just cannot get it to sit up any straighter. It's hard to tell because it is in the back seat of the van, but I'm not even so sure that it is 45 degrees. It looks further reclined than that! I pulled it about an inch away from the seat back and pushed down hard on the front of the seat as I cinched up the seat belt. I get it nice and tight and then I secure the TT. After she rides in it one time, it has managed to wiggle back reclined farther again.

So, are there any other tricks I can do to get this thing reclined less but still be a good tight install? I'm about to the point of putting the baby in the back and put the radian in one of the captain's chairs to see if I can get a better install there. Putting the baby in the back would be a total pain. Grrr.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Conservative Parenting
<Photobucket