Need inexpensive seat

iVillage Member
Need inexpensive seat
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 3:26pm

Hi, I have two girls, one who is almost 1 and is in the Chicco Keyfit 10 and the other is almost three and is in the Britax Marathan. I decided to give the Marathan to the baby and got the oldest the Britax Frontier for my car. #1 is very tall and in the upper end of weight and height, usually 90% and my little one is usually in the 80% range.

Anyhow in my husband's car I got the older one an Evenflo Chase LX Booster. My other convertible carseat was given to me by a friend and it was close to expiring plus the other day I realized I could pull the straps loose by tugging a bit so I needed a new one and traded it in yesterday at BRU for the Frontier. Now I need a new convertible carseat for baby. My husband rarely has the girls and usually only drives about 10 minutes down the road so I just want something safe and cheap! Like under $100, no bells and whistles, we never go too far in his car, he just occasionally takes them to the gym. I guess it also needs to be rear facing for another year too.

DH drives a 2004 Camry and ugh, I forgot what else you need. The baby will be one on 9/28 and

Jacki_siggy1.jpg Siggy picture by Addisonsmom2008
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 3:45pm
I would look into getting a Cosco Scenera. Cheap, no frills, very good seat. Here is a link to one on the Walmart site
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scenera-5-Point-Convertible-Car-Seat-Black-Santee/13004563

Photobucket

Photobucket