quick question

iVillage Member
quick question
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 12:16pm

Hi, ladies,

A while back I'd asked about convertible carseats that would allow my little one to remain rearfacing as long as possible. You all know why I'd want to do that :)

I suddenly realized at LO's 4 month appt that she's likely to outgrow her infant seat in length before she outweighs it. She's in a Graco SnugRide (22 lbs, 29 in limit). She's currently 11.5 lbs and 24 in.

Someone told me you measure by torso or something? I don't know how to decide when to move on up to a convertible and how to rate a convertible since LO is 8% in weight but 25% in height.

Thanks in advance!!!

Christine

love siggy

summer siggy

Many, many thanks to Kelly (mom2emsopmax) at Signature Showcase for my beautiful siggies!

Photobucket

FTM

loves mommy

babble

sttn

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

was early

formula fed

coos

smiles

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 3:37pm
You probably have several more months in the Snugride. The seat is outgrown when the baby reaches the weight limit OR her head is within 1 inch from the top of the seat (the hard shell, not the padding). My little guy has always been about 80-90% in height and 10-20% in weight, and he outgrew it at about 10 months. I don't think he hit the weight limit until about 16 months. It depends on if your kid has a long torso or long legs (mine is leggy), so actually looking at the baby in the seat is the best way to know.
Photobucket
Photobucket