do i need to replace

iVillage Member
do i need to replace
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 11:39pm
Yesterday when I was going down the stairs I fell with my baby in the infant seat. It was down 7 or 8 stairs. Do I need to replace my seat?
morranf bfing
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:00am

Are you and your baby okay? That sounds like a scary fall.

My guess is that your seat is okay. Look over the car seat and see if you anything that looks wrong with it. It did fall, but just a short distance and there wasn't a lot of forces exerted on the car seat.

The car seat

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:40pm

I had the same thing happen, well, DH was carrying our daughter down the stairs and slipped on some ice and she maybe had 2 feet or less to "fall" (he never let go, she just sort of slid on the landing). I freaked out, she was maybe 4 months old, her pacifier that was sitting in the seat cracked (but we later found out we could do that with our own bare hands, they weren't very sturdy)....but we felt safe in using the seat after that. I think I double checked here then, and others agreed. I guess I just think about how carseats make it thru the cargo hold on airplanes and are still safe (at least we think so) and this was probably less impact...

Glad everyone is a-ok! Still very scary!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 1:00pm
Yikes! Are you both OK?

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-25-2010 - 8:28am

Yikes!! I hope you both are okay. So scary. :o(

I think the seat is probably fine, check it over but I'm pretty sure it's A-Okay.

Photobucket

Follow me to my Blog!

Photobucket