Had my second section

iVillage Member
Had my second section
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 1:06am

In advance I am sorry if I post this in the wrong place. I am really looking for some advice and can't seem to find it anywhere! I had my second c section on August 18th. I bled for 3 weeks. I stopped for about four to five days but then started again. It came back yellow then went to red. I don't think this is a period but I am concerned since I haven't had this before. I have been moderatly active since it has almost been a month (in 2 days my baby is a month!) but not as active as I would regularly be. Has anyone had this happen to them and did it end up being a problem or did it go away with rest? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. My doctor is over two hours away and my current town will not see me because I am considered high risk so the only way I can be seen here is if I went to the ER.

Thanks so much!

ashley

Ashley

Baby 2 will be here August 22, 2010!

Ashley

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 12:24pm
I have not had two c-sections, I have only had one.

Shawn 
Mom to DS, July 2009
Expecting our little girl after three m/c - EDD 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 5:21pm

Mine did that...

If you are soaking a pad an hour, or if you start getting large clots, or really bright red blood, call doctor. If it's just "normal" dark red bleeding/spotting, yes, you can go from the yellow back to the dark red especially if your activity level has increased.

I agree though, if you're nervous...call your dr...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sarah-busy mommy to Justin, Grace, Isabelle, Boyd, and expecting another miracle in August.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 12:52am

Ashley - congrats on your new little one! I agree with the PPs that it doesn't sound unusual. Sometimes bleeding can "increase" if you're being extra active - you might try relaxing and slowing down a bit (any heavy lifting, cleaning, etc.) you might put on hold for awhile.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're soaking pads and/or seeing large clots.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 2:57am
Thank you all so much. I just needed the reassurance. I can see now how the activity can make it heavier or lighter.

Ashley

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-18-2010 - 1:47am

Your summary of adhesions is close to my understanding. I think the term is also used to generlaly reference scar tissue.

Everyone has healing as a result of a C section -- but the extent of how significant the adhesions/scar tissue is

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 11:02pm

I bleed off and on for 8 wks following my first cesarean. Get some rest and take your iron supplements.

Adhesions are just scar tissue and they happen like that with any abdominal surgery. I know a lot of people talk about massaging the scar area for a few minutes every night before bed (for example) after the skin incision has healed. It's part of ICAN's white paper on recovering from a cesarean (ican-online dot org). I could never touch my scar area after my first cesarean because of nerve damage and emotional issues, I developed a lot of adhesions and the next time I got pregnant I was in awful pain while it all tried to stretch again.