C/S after previous traumatic vag birth?
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 09-27-2010 - 10:08pm|
Hi. My name is Michele. I have 2 children; DS is 3 and DD is 1.
I am here because though I am not yet pregnant, I know DH and I will start TTC #3 in a year or so, and the decision of opting for another vaginal delivery or elective c/s is weighing heavily on my mind lately.
Here is my situation:
For my 1st child I had a cesarean after a failed induction. With #2, I planned a VBAC at home. Everything went well until the end when there was a shoulder dystocia. DD was stuck for 4 mins., and was essentially torn out of me. She needed resuscitation, and had a brachial plexus injury (which resolved on it's own in a few weeks). Her apgars were 3 and 7. We transferred to the hospital so we could both be checked out. She was okay (minus the shoulder injury at the time) and