I am axiously awaiting
It's definitely a tough decision.
Some of it has to do w/ how you feel about the risk of multiples vs the risk of a negative cycle.
Also, obviously the embryo quality plays into it.
Isabel Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility
This cycle is frustrating for me as my AF is 3 days late and no I haven't tested.
We transferred 1 5Day Embie on a fresh donor cycle.
TTC since 6/2007. IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFNIVF# 2 April 2009 - BFNIVF# 3 July
Congrats on the Baby!!!
Hi Kristi.I understand. We did Donor IVF. Deciding to do donor IVF; easy, choosing a clinic; easy, choosing a donor; easy, deciding how many to transfer; difficult! We had decided that we would wait until the morning of the transfer to make the final decision based on what the quality of the blasts were and also how many we would have left over to freeze. The morning of the transfer we ended up with several excellent quality blasts, so we transferred two 5 days blasts and froze the other 14. Even though both the Blasts that we transferred were excellent quality, we chose to transfer them both due to my age and because we would rather risk having two then none. I believe it is best to have a plan for each scenario, but then make the actual decision the morning of the transfer when you have all the information about the quality and number of embryos/blasts. My doctor office left the decision totally up to us on how many to transfer, but I did know that they recommend two in general. The end result, is that I am 12 weeks pregnant with twins and am very excited about it. It was a bit of a shock at first, but it didn't take long for me to start thinking of all the positive aspects of twins. I am most grateful that they will have each other, because my youngest child is 11 so there is a big age gap and a single child would have had more of an only child experience. Best of luck to you as you start your cycle. I wish you much success!
Is your 11 year old your only other child?