Donor ruined this cycle

iVillage Member
Donor ruined this cycle
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 11:01am

I'll start by saying I suppose everything happens for a reason, but how could a person just not seem to care that someone else's future is in their hands???? So, the cycle started months ago with getting a donor match, then a mock cycle, then waiting to sync with the donor. All was going so well.....in had been doing injections to thicken my lining, which was " beautiful" and ready. The donor had so many follicles that they couldn't even count, I guess more than 10 on each side. Everything seemed be be progressing, but slowly I went to the doctor this past Monday and they said that the donor was going slow, but they would most likely retrieve her on Friday. I sat through hours of intralipid infusion, and started taking steroids getting ready for the transfer potentially next week. I went in on wednesday for my my regular a ppt and had a different nurse do my ultrasound. She didn't realize that I was doing a donor cycle and started saying how nice my follicles were. She then realized I was doing donor and said it would be a shame to waste mine and maybe I should retrieve too. The next part is where the bomb gets dropped!!!!!!!!

My usual nurse comes in and said it is funny how this may work out because the donor's estrogen dropped on Monday and they think it is because she missed some doses. They said that even if the get her going again that they couldn't guarantee the quality of her eggs!!!! I couldn't believe it, after all of this she just didn't take meds??????? Why be a donor if your going to ruin someones life???? So after months of mocks, sync'ing, and waiting I have no donor eggs'!!!'

So after we all stopped crying, we talked about retrieving my eggs. My quality is so poor, and never really results in many eggs, but figured in should do something. I had 7 follicles ready for retrieval, so they set me up for this pasta Friday to be retrieved. I ended up with 8 eggs!!!!!!!!!! I've never had 8!!! They called me that afternoon to tell me that ALL of them injected, which is unheard of for me since they usually just implode!!! The status yesterday was that 6 fertilized and 1 was still alive, but they weren't sure it would make it. So, I have SIX embryos!!! We obviously don't know the quality, but how on earth did I get that many when I didn't even use the typical stimulating drugs?????

So, I decided I wanted a three day transfer (let's get them back where they belong), and the doctor is going to put all 6 back in!!!!! What are the chances that one will stick????? I am so nervous and not very optimistic, but maybe there is a silver lining to Picking the worst donor possible!

Please pray that everything still looks good tomorrow. My transfer is at 9am!

Wendy

Wendy
3 failed ivf
1 failed donor ivf
4 previous miscarriages
Wendy
3 failed ivf
1 failed donor ivf
4 previous miscarriages
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:27pm
wow wendy! what a story!!!! I hope, hope, hope that it works out. that would be thrilling....
-martha
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 9:11am
That is just an awful thing your donor did and I am so sorry for the roller coaster you have been on this past week. What an awesome story you will have to tell if you ultimately end up pregnant with your own eggs! How cool is that. I will be praying and keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP for you.

Abbie
The ticker URL: http://lbdf.lilypie.com/suiCm5.png
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:25am

Wendy,

That is just down right unacceptable the donor would not take her meds and ruin the cycle:(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 9:23pm

Wendy,

WOW!

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-19-2010 - 2:48pm

Holy cow that's crazy!

I agree it's not really fair for a donor to screw with the cycle by missing meds ... if she's not wiling to comply, she shouldn't be doing this - she has people who really depend on her!

But how wonderful that you have such great results w/ your own eggs!