Average cost for Egg Donor?

iVillage Member
Average cost for Egg Donor?
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 10:32pm

Wish I lived close to Shady Grove for the Shared Donor option but we don't. Most of the egg donor agencies here in S. CA let the donor choose the compensation she wants - anywhere between $6,000-$10,000 - is that the norm across the nation?

Would a donor that is closer to wanting $9-10k turn you away from them (in the whole scheme of things is a couple of grand enough to push you to one donor versus another).

I wish it was more uniform - like they get $6500 - period. One agency does that. But the RE I'm thinking of using because they offer a money-back plan if DE is not successful uses an agency where the donor decides.

Decisions, decisions. I thought this was a recession - God if I'd know about becoming a donor at 21 and making $6,000+ I would have been all over that!!

Rachel

Me 39 DH 38
TTC for 4 years (TTC for 3 years w/ex-husband adopted a now 10 year beautiful little girl from Russia)
2 failed IUI 2009-1st IVF January 10 negative after 3 perfect blast - one frozen Feb 10 begged OB/Gyn to do surgery for "pain" to see if tubes blocked from PID back when I was 16 - yep both tubes blocked - unblocked 1 tube
May 10 IVF #2 - 3 eight cell transferred BFN again
September IVF#3 - ET: 9/13-3 embryos (2blast and 1 morela) Beta: 9/23/10 - BFN again!
Me 39 DH 38
TTC for 4 years (TTC for 3 years w/ex-husband adopted a now 10 year beautiful little girl from Russia)
2 failed IUI 2009-1st IVF January 10 negative after 3 perfect blast - one frozen Feb 10 begged OB/Gyn to do surgery for "pain" to see
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-01-2010 - 7:05am

Wow.