How much will you spend?

iVillage Member
How much will you spend?
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 2:34pm
Bringing home a new baby feels so sweet, but your finances may not look as rosy. A recent study out of the U. K. found that moms spent upwards of $7,000 by the time their child had his or her first birthday. And it's not all going to daycare and nanny costs: Much of the loot gets spent while baby is still in Mama’s belly. From high-ticket items like nursery furniture, strollers, high chairs, car seats and swings to everyday essentials like baby food, diapers, clothes, pacifiers and monitors -- it all adds up… fast.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 11:54am

oh i am sure we spent at least that with Piper. thankfully this one is a whole lot cheaper! lol
mom and mil got us the crib, i found a couple fabulous consignment sales at local churches and i picked up a few things that we needed a second one very cheap. thankfully most of her things we will be able to use for the new one.

there really should be a law that you have to bring a btdt mom with you when buying things for baby while you are still pregnant. there are SO many things i was thought i HAD to have that i never touched.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

>

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers