frugal weekend plans

iVillage Member
frugal weekend plans
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 7:00pm

anyone doing anything frugal for the weekend

I planning on taking the girls to the local bike trail to ride their bikes and I get to walk/help the younger two since they still have training wheels and the hard packed gravel path can prove to be diffcult at times (only if the weather is nice)

I am planning so home cooked meals as well

Becky

Becky
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 10:53pm

Keeping it very simple this weekend. Reading, sewing, browsing some patterns at the store and window shopping for some fabric.

I really need to clean and clear out my bedroom closet.......but window shopping seems more fun.

siiy 2009

IF YOU ARE DISTRESSED BY ANYTHING EXTERNAL, THE PAIN IS NOT DUE TO THE THING ITSELF, BUT TO YOUR ESTIMATE OF IT. AND THIS YOU HAVE THE POWER TO REVOKE AT ANY MOMENT --Marcus Aurelius

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
- Francesca Reigler

siiy 2009

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 12:31am
Wash a load of clothes. Not much of anything else. Go to church on Sunday. I guess hang at home all weekend.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 10:05am
I'm working this weekend. So besides gas money it will be frugal. I take my lunch so that is good.
Susan, mom to Sam 11 and Connor 9
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 11:10am
We are busy all weekend so it will be frugal.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 7:57pm
Nothing frugal here, dd is turning 16 on Monday so we are headed to St Louis tomorrow to visit the wax museum, have lunch and shop (she chose this over a party). I tried desperately to convince her to let us picnic for lunch but no go. Oh well they only turn 16 once and since she ain't getting a car this was the next best thing to her! LOL
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 8:08pm

well my plans just changed a little on sunday I will be

Becky
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 8:11am

Today (Saturday) we're going to Olive Garden for lunch, which doesn't sound frugal - but I have $40 in gift cards as rewards for MyPoints and my credit card (which I pay off every month and only use for rewards like this!). Since it's just the 4 of us (1 being a toddler), that should just about cover it. I will order water to drink (I can't believe the prices of pop in restaurants!) and probably split a meal with DD.

That's all we've got planned - besides DH doing some homework (which is never frugal in the architecture program!). We'll probably just hang out at the house, maybe I'll go grocery shopping. Acme has quite a few items on sale we could use this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2010 - 9:23am

Friday Night....We went to the apple orchard and didn't spend any money, though we did buy pizza for the family.

Saturday...Birthday party for my nephew

Sunday...Grocery Shopping and Lesson Plans for Monday and getting ready for monday.