Reconditioned printer ink cartridges

iVillage Member
Reconditioned printer ink cartridges
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 8:40am
Anyone use remanufactured/reconditioned/recycled printer ink?
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 10:19am

I use reconditioned cartridges regularly. I *have* had occasional problem with one not working, but generally speaking, I have good luck with them. Even if an occasional one is bad, I still save more money using them.

I generally get mine on eBay for just a few dollars each. Pay attention to the seller's feedback rating and whether the seller guarantees their cartridges to work.

My guess is that the store brand reconditioned cartridges have better quality control than the eBay ones, but they're more expensive than the ones I get on eBay.

I used to try refilling my own cartridges. It was messier, and I was getting inconsistent results (sometimes the printer heads were too dried out or something like that), so I just get the cheap reconditioned ones now.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 5:05pm
I've bought them off ebay and I've refilled my own (just black). I've had success with both. Refilling it on your own is messier, but I just put newspaper under it. I still got it on my fingers, but it was worth the savings. I agree with PP about checking ebay seller's feedback (just as you should with any item). I can't remember the last time I purchased a new cartridge; it just seems so silly to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-27-2010 - 12:04pm
That is great to know.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-07-2010 - 7:58pm

We ordered some online.