Wondering how this will taste/work out

iVillage Member
Wondering how this will taste/work out
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 10:45am
I have a pile of shredded beef in beef gravy from last nights pot roast dinner. I was thinking my menu as adding a little bbq sauce for sandwiches. Finding out the hamburger buns I thought I had in the freezer. I do not have. Must of used them another time and forgot. Then had another idea. Was thinking shredded beef enchiladas. I wasn't sure I want to add a little taco/enchilada seasoning to the meat. That might make it to salty or over seasoned. Was thinking on stuffing the enchiladas. With the meat as it is now. Cover the enchiladas in enchilada sauce. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar on top then cook. I'm thinking it should taste fine. Not to spicy. But still with Mexican flavor. There is quite a bit of this meat left. I was thinking stuffing a mess of enchilada's Freezing some for later.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 11:10am

I think the enchilada idea is good.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 8:49pm
I worked one place. We always added a little bbq sauce to beef that had some gravy in it. It kind of mellowed out the strong tangy taste of the bbq sauce. There was more bbq sauce than gravy. It was usually sandwiches we made out of the scraps of prime rib left off a whole prime. Those were good sandwiches. I ended up stuffing the enchilada's without taco spice in the meat. There really wasn't that much gravy in the meat. So I did not drain it. We'll see how it tastes. I covered in medium spicy enchilada sauce. What we will not eat tomorrow. I wrapped in between layers of plastic wrap in a plastic contain. Threw in the freezer for another time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 9:09am

Enchiladas sound so good.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 10:25am
Trying to keep the meals frugal. But in the same change them up so we don't eat the same old same old all the time. Enchilada's freeze well also.