And the crying about school begins...

iVillage Member
And the crying about school begins...
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 5:57am

Last week, ds#2, who is in 2nd grade now, came home to tell me that the guid. counselor came to see him since he was crying in school.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 10:19am

I've been working nights so I told him, even if he was home, I would only be sleeping & wouldn't see me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 12:59pm

Oh you poor thing. DS is going through this "I miss you mom" phase as well. He tells me how much he misses me at school, how much he wants to be around me, has even asked if he can come sleep in our room because he misses me.

No advice... but I wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-15-2010 - 7:58pm

Oh man!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 5:24pm
Oh that's just heart breaking. Poor little man. I remember my middle child telling me how she missed me in school, but it was one of many things she didn't like in school, and I just kept telling her I missed her too when we weren't together, but that was something positive as it meant we loved each other a lot. And kids who didn't miss their parents already had more 'distance' between them and their parents (and we discussed all the possible different reasons for that). I have learned to focus mainly on acknowledging her feelings, make her feel 'normal' for having these emotions, and as the next step ask HER how she wants to solve it (within reason of course). In the elementary years, especially the first ones, I had to learn not to jump and want to solve it for her right away (which often you can't anyway), but to give her control...
HTH...

Suzanne