Second big hurdle taken...

iVillage Member
Second big hurdle taken...
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 7:58am

this schoolyear (first one being the first week of going and getting used to different classes, time tables, lockers, biking 40 min to school etc.). Last week Lucie and Yara had their 7th grade introduction camp for 4 days. Now they've been on school camps for a week before with their Montessori school, but these 4 days were much more nerve wrecking for me as they were going with all these kids they didn't know very well yet and who are 1-3 years older than they are... Plus the old school had stories and pics of the kids' activities up every evening, and at their new school after 3 days we got pics from the first day, but only Lucie could be seen once...

But my worries weren't needed, they both had a great time. They were sleeping in cottages with girls only (no adults!) and had big fun every evening watching tv and playing games... They had made plays of the Greek myths and performed for the whole group and Lucie's act (the Trojan Horse) had won even though everybody had liked Yara's Dido too (yep...tragedy is her favorite). They had biked through a nature park (and there had been a bike small enough for Yara to mount) and went to musea etc.

So next big hurdles...can they make it till Fall Break and will they survive the test week right after it! Sometimes *I* long back to the elementary days!

Suzanne