Preventative Cerclage 10/5!!

iVillage Member
Preventative Cerclage 10/5!!
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 9:07pm

I am scheduled to get my preventative cerclage at 12:30 PT on Tuesday, 10/5. As this date gets closer and closer, I am getting more nervous as the traumatic memories of my rescue cerclage resurface. I'm trying to stay calm and remain positive.

It will be an outpatient procedure. I have to check in two hour prior, and should expect to stay two-three hours after surgery. I saw my regular OB yesterday and he said he would try to be there for it (the actual surgery is done by two local Perinatologists that do all the cerclages for this area). I go in the day before (10/4) for a pre-cerclage consult and u/s (just to check baby and cervix prior to surgery).

Since the board will be "read-only" leading up to the day of my cerclage, please send positive thoughts my way even if you can't respond. I am so nervous that something will go wrong. I will get on as soon as I can that evening or the next day to post updates.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 2:53pm

Hi ladies,

I had my cerclage placed yesterday, and am now home recovering. We checked in at 10:30 AM

Melissa

Mama to Chase (4) and Mason (2)

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 2:28pm
I am glad your cerclage went well. Here's to a H& H rest of your pregnancy.

Mom to a 33 week preemie
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers