Newbie here :)

iVillage Member
Newbie here :)
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 1:10pm

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking for a little while, but figured I would introduce myself. My name is Jemma (Jaime actually but my good friends call me Jemma) and I'm 33. DH is Paul, 36. We live in northern DE. We've been trying for a while now and I've been having a really hard time lately with it. You can see a brief explanation of our journey below...

Before we got married, I knew I had PCOS but didn't think it would be such a long journey to get pg. I figured we would have a toddler by now and hopefully would be getting started on #2.

Jemma (35) and DH, (37). Married October 13, 2007 and TTCing since April 2008. Dealing with PCOS, swollen tubes, and also MFI. Committing myself to getting healthy and losing weight in preparation for IVF later in 2012.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jem_faerie
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 1:23pm

Welcome Jemma. I am sorry you find yourself on the IF ride, but glad you found us and some support. I also have PCOS and in hind sight the signs that I had it were so blatent I should never have wasted all that money on BC. I understand what you mean about thinking you would have a family already. My sister is 4 years younger then me and has a beautiful baby girl. While I love my niece and my sister I feel so upset that she has a family and I only have furry children. I remember when my sister was pregnant I dreaded getting the call she was in labor and when I picked out gifts for her shower I cried. It is hard to be happy for someone you love and so sad for yourself.

I noticed too you got the talk about being overweight, I did as well. I was so upset because the first RE would not even help me until I lost a certain amount. I am trying but the goal was unrealistic considering the fact our disease makes it very difficult to lose weight. I was depressed for a month over it. However I recently went to a new RE and she is willing to help so I feel rejuvinated. I really hope that your IVF in October is the ticket for your BFP.

My family lives far away too (I am in VA and all my family is in NY). It can be very hard but if nothing else I have learned to lean on my DH a little bit. That and having these ladies around is such a blessing.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C (chemical pregnancy)

Dixie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:45pm

My sister is 4 years younger than me too.

Jemma (35) and DH, (37). Married October 13, 2007 and TTCing since April 2008. Dealing with PCOS, swollen tubes, and also MFI. Committing myself to getting healthy and losing weight in preparation for IVF later in 2012.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 2:54pm

My sister is still not married so it was not AS terrible. However I find myself jealous of her life even though I am married, have a good job and my own home. Standing in her 1 bed room apartment looking at a wall of baby pictures I found myself wishing I could be her. All my success meant nothing because she has the one thing I want.

I hate the weight story. Problem is for the most part I do eat good. We are a mostly organic family. Virtually no snacks save for 100 calorie snack packs and fruits and veggies. I have very very little carb intake, and all of it is 100% whole grain. So it is frustrating because I am trying. However that being said next week when I am in Disney all bets are off! Which will be a set back but I am hoping all the walking will help counter act it.

Dixie

TTC since April 2009

M/C (chemical pregnancy)

Dixie

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 3:37pm
Hi Jemma, welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 4:50pm

Hi Jemma- I am sorry you had to find your way to an IF board, but glad that you did! There is so much support and knowledge among this group of women, and I hope you get as much out of it as I do! I'm so sorry your path to a baby has been long and requires heavy duty intervention, but I hope that your first IVF does the trick. Another member of the board, Amanda, is going through her first (and hopefully only one necessary) IVF cycle, so she will probably be a great source of information for you since it will be fresh in her mind.

I'm Andrea, 32 and my partner Tom and I have been trying since spring 2009. I had deformed tubes that were repaired surgically and just got my first BFP about a week ago. I'm nervously awaiting an u/s this Wednesday to make sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy, as I am high risk for that because of my tube problems.

Lots of baby dust to you!

Andrea

Lilypie Maternity tickers

May Baby

Thanks to Chrissy at SMFB for my awesome sig

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers

May Baby

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 6:34pm

Welcome to the board even though none of us want infertility in our lives. I am Christy (35) and my husband is Karl (41) and we have been at this awhile. We only started seeing a fertility expert this year.

My sister is 4 years younger than me too and she was the first one to have a baby. Not one, not two but three children while I am waiting for my first. The funny thing is my sister has PCOS and I don't. Go figure that one. It probably helps that she has rarely been on birth control and I only got off BC in 2006 when we started trying. Her cycles are scattered and mine are like clockwork. I suppose the good thing is that I got married first. I did have an ectopic in July which was bittersweet. It seems that I can get pregnant but the little bean got confused as to where to snuggle in for the long 9 months. Arg....

I have 2 friends who got PG from IVF. One has twins and the other is due in January with a girl. It can happen!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 7:10pm
Hi Jemma,
I'm sorry you have to be here and the road to having a child is so long and hard for you. I can totally sympathize on having friends all around me popping out babies and have acquaintances that I wonder why they even have kids because they barely take care of them. I hope that you IVF works out and that your insurance will cover a large amount of the cost. (I know money issues are another very frustrating aspect of infertility.) These ladies are such great support and totally understand what you're feeling.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09

Unexplained Infertility: SA Sept '09/July '10

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-20-2010 - 8:35pm
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 9:32pm

Jemma,

Welcome to this board... as I'm sure you can tell, it is a wonderful source of comfort.

Finally pregnant after 3 yrs of ttc and 3 losses. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers EDD: 9/18/11