TTC after a D&C with Femara

iVillage Member
TTC after a D&C with Femara
Thu, 09-23-2010 - 10:25pm

Hi Ladies,

I have no idea where to post - TTC after loss? TTC with infertility? I have always had a great deal of respect for all the strong women on this board (long time lurker) and I thought maybe you could help me decide what to do.

So, we just lost our pregnancy at 14 weeks. My D&C is scheduled for tomorrow. I am beyond sad as we tried very hard to get pregnant with my son and went through a lot and got pregnant fairly easily with this baby after 3 cycles of unmonitored Femara.

I want to start trying right away. I'm 36 and my husband is 42. We really want a sibling for a son and we feel like time is not on our side. Plus, I feel like the prospect of conceiving again is the only thing that really makes me happy right now.

So, I have PCOS and have never had ovulatory cycles on my own without the Femara. Everything I read online says that after the D&C to wait for a period and then get started trying to conceive. But, without ovulating, will I have a period on my own after the D&C? How will I know a cycle has passed?

In other words, how long do I wait before taking the Femara? I take it days 3-8 and then start OPK testing...

Help??
Al

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:29am
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you feel welcome here. I am not familiar with your particular issue as both of my losses were very early on. However I know with my first loss my doctor told me I would not have to wait which lead me to believe women further along had to wait a couple of months before TTC again. Did you ask the doctor how soon you can try again? Are you seeing an RE?
I really hope you get another BFP soon.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C (chemical pregnancy)

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 1:08pm

Hi there,

So sorry for your loss and all the hurt that comes with it. I am not in the same boat exactly, but I am going to be starting Femara soon and trying IUI. I am almost 37 and time is important. I had chemo 4 yrs ago and so my future ttc is a ?. I am going to go the monitored route to speed things up. I hope you get all the answers you need and wish you the very best.

TTC #2 on & off 4 yrs On to IUI #2 Femara up to 7.5mg/day CD 3-7, trigger shot and progesterone starting 2DPIUI
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 5:30pm

Thank you for your support. We were very disappointed but the prospect of trying again makes us feel better.

I think you will have very good results with the Femara. I was Clomid resistant and got up to 200mg with it. Made me fat, depressed and a wreck. With the Femara, I take just 2.5mg a day for 5 days and there are no side effects. Got pregnant on the 1st cycle of Femara with my son and the 3rd with this lost pregnancy.

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker