Nearing my 2 year point

iVillage Member
Nearing my 2 year point
Tue, 09-28-2010 - 4:08pm

Well hello ladies!! I didn't really "Find" this board until today and I think it's a great time to find it. I'm getting to the REALLY frustrated point and just want to share with other people who understand me :)

So my story, I have a 2 year old little man - turned 2 in June of this year. We started trying in January of 2009. In December of 09- I started undergoing testing which all came up with no problems. I did the HSG and again, nothing was found, all was clear - unexplained infertility. I had some serious frustrations with my first Dr. who wouldn't listen to me and even take into account my fertility charts. So, I found another Dr (I live in a very small town and drive 2 hours to even find an OBGYN - there weren't any RE's in the 2 hour radius until about 3 months ago). So rather than going to one city 2hours from here, I go to another. Long story short, it makes it super frustrating when trying to do baselines, etc.

My cycles are normally regular, just long. I ovulate (unmedicate) on Day 22 and my LP is normally 12 days (considered normal although I suspect some progesteron deficiency from my #'s with DS and sometimes short LP). I had a cyst when PG with DS that eventually went away and those were my only problems.

So in February 2010, I had my first cycle of Clomid d3-7 and IUI. It was successful although I got a late BFP and just didn't think things were going right to start. After several beta's, my suspicions were confirmed. At just over

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-29-2010 - 1:25pm

Welcome to the board, though I'm sorry you have to be here and deal with infertility.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 1:31pm
Hi - I can totally sympathize with the frustration. I know it's so hard to wait from cycle to cycle (mine ranged from 40 days to 160 if I didn't take meds to start things rolling). Generally it seems that most doctors want to try 3 cycles of something if everything is working the way it's supposed to before they move you on to something new, so if you had a BFP with the clomid and IUI, it may be a good idea to try that a few more times before moving on to the next thing. That being said, I also had a clomid pg (May 2009) that ended in m/c at 8 weeks, and then another with clomid this year (April) that was a very early m/c. I ended up moving on to injectables for 5 additional IUI cycles and still have had no luck. I think it's hard to know what your body is telling you sometimes but I'm sure you'll figure out a plan with your RE that you can live with. I had to get over being be afraid to ask lots of questions and share my worries - once I did that the process went better and I was communicating with my RE and his staff much more effectively too.
Good luck to you!
Heather

~ TTC since 2007
~ BFP May 2009 after 2nd cycle of clomid followed by MC at 8 weeks
~ IUIs starting April 2010
~ Weak BFP April 2010

~ Meron born 12-09-11 after 3 1/2 years of TTC, IUIs and IVF.
~ #2 on the way(!) and due 06-06-13.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 9:20pm

Welcome, I am sorry you have to be here but glad that you found some support here. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

I have not done IUI however I have done several rounds of Clomid and am currently doing my first round of Femara. I like the Femara much better. With the clomid I had all the side effects, hot flashes, cramps and moodiness. This time around I feeel no different. The only thing that was unfortunately with Femara is it was SO much more expensive. I just started a new job and so I am hoping that it will cover this medication somewhat.

Hopefully you will get some comfort from the wonderful support here!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009